Friday 22 August 2014

The Weekly Round-Down. (No.4)

It's that bloody time again. To share with you the events of my week. From sleep depravity to putting my back out playing tennis; getting angry at a basket of frozen shopping to author takeovers. It's all gone on this week.

Our story is still coming along nicely, to the point that we are now discussing endings.

I recently conquered England and America, in case you missed it. It was fun.

You may also have missed, my vision of what it will be like to skydive...


I had fun at the author take overs, though my poor lap top didn't. I did put my back out playing tennis, it was embarrassing and further proof that stretching is actually useful. Later added note: I played tennis again and my back was fine :)

Bryan Thomas called me a noodle and Tim Arnot called me inestimable... I took both comments as a compliment.

I haven't watched anything at all this week, except for Frasier... I do love Frasier. I must have seen them all at least five times. Whenever I fancy global domination, it always puts me in a better mood.

I read Rosen Trevithick's 'How NOT to self-publish.' It was brilliant and funny leading me to title my autobiography (if I wrote one) Chris Bailey: My Life in a Psychopathic Balloon.

And though it still needs a little work, here is the first look at the book trailer for Maybe, Misery...


What do you mean, that's not the right idea?

On the 7th of September, I am off work for a week. I have booked it off purely to write The Talon Strand. This will be the closest I will get to being a full-time writer. I am planning to document my experience daily on here... Hopefully it'll bloody be entertaining like.

Also, I have decided to release a collection of drabbles, poetry attempts and short stories... Many of which I will have posted on here, but not all. I will be editing them all, to improve them. It will just be a collection of hopefully entertaining bits. Plus I'll be releasing it for free. Thanks to Rosen Trevithick, it will be called Life in a Psychopathic Balloon.

One last thing, all around the world people are raising awareness of ALS by committing to a ice-bucket challenge and donating money... $8.6 million in one day. Despite any opinion I may have on any disease... If you are one of the people criticising them and there are a few, you're an idiot and don't deserve oxygen. People making pointing out that Americans are just 'wasting' water while the people in third world countries don't have any... They're also idiots. And some making jokes about the Titanic completed the ice-bucket challenge... I hope a relative of someone who was on board, finds you and runs you over, twice, purely because of your bad taste in humour. If you do survive being run over or the lack of oxygen, do yourself a favour. Go and look up the word awareness and then in a moment of irony, accidentally slip in the tub holding your toaster. I'm nearly done... There's a band I follow on The Facebook, their lead singer completed the challenge and posted the video. Her so-called fans were giving her grief because she didn't use an actual bucket! If you are one of these extreme cases, then I suggest you head straight to the doctors... because you sir, are lacking a brain.

Here is your top 15 for the week. Enjoy your Earth time you glorious specimens...

(Lwp)
1. (n/a) Confrontation – Otep
2. (1) Love & Pride – King
3. (n/a) It Makes No Difference… Celldweller
4. (n/a) What I Always Wanted – Kittie
5. (2) Black Star – Celldweller
6. (3) A is for Action – Ima Robot
7. (n/a) No Name – Kittie
8. (9) All the World is Mad – Thrice
9. (10) Talons – Bloc Party
10. (12) Hook and Splinters – Otep
11. (4) Sweet Dreams – Eurhythmics
12. (6) Never Want to Dance – M.S.I
13. (5) Seether – I’m the One
14. (8) Unshakeable – Celldweller
15. (7) Flowers – Son Lux



No comments:

Post a Comment