Wednesday 27 August 2014

Attempt At Poetry Wednesdays! (No.9)

I just came up with a well better idea for something to do on Wednesdays! Well Eilis did ages ago but it's dawned on me now that it may be a good idea, so this could be my last ever poem! Here's to hope.

Stone Heart

The first time I saw you
Standing there so shy and nervous
I had this urge that lay hidden from all but a few.

As I gazed into your eye's
I felt a purity, a freshness
Never experienced as I stood cocooned with my lies.

I tried to be smooth and play it cool
Spitting out one-liners
Springing myself into the category of a fool.

My heart was spinning, convulsing and almost bursting from my chest
As much as I tried, my words eluded me
If only I could muster up the courage to explain you were different from the rest.

Time past and we drifted away from each other
Communication was a distant memory
Though you left me there confined under cover.

I searched for you constantly, lost in the harsh plains of reality
Forever filled with hope
That one day, I would overcome my own morality.

To better myself, to become worthy and for my sins to depart
I searched the skies, the stars and everywhere in between
To find you, the woman who has my cold stone heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment