Tuesday 19 August 2014

Story-time with the Three Bananas + Guests (No.6)

It's that time again, so turn off the children and tell the television to be quiet. Grab yourself a hot beverage and enjoy. Thank you to my bananas and Mr. Rick Haynes for their contributions. Enjoy everybody :)

 Moderate to High Annoyance by C.S. Bailey www.facebook.com/csbailey

I really can’t stand you! You appeared out of nowhere to punish me for my one little mistake and you haven’t stopped since.

Unrelenting, a constant attack on the memories I thought were safely stored away.
You’re intrusive, a curse and I really have this powerful urge to end your existence without a second thought.
Rushing through my house making a grand old mess; I’m on a mission! I desperately need to find a tool to kill you with.  

Suddenly my warm hands latch on to the weapon of your imminent destruction.

Thank god for my copy of Norton Anti-Virus.

The Beltane Beast by Nav Logan www.navlogan.com

The razor-sharp edge slices cleanly through flesh and blood drips from my blade.

Raising my knife heavenward, I fight against the primal urge to smear my cheeks with blood and howl at the moon.

A monstrous hunger consumes me. Like a wolf I hunger for the sweet juices. I attack with a frenzy, hacking up the offering and using my knife to place the still-bleeding flesh to my lips. Rich red ichor dribbles down my chin and stains my shirt.

“Don’t play with your food, Jeremy!” Mother scolds, but I can’t help it. I love a good barbecued steak.

Bad Dad by Bryan Thomas

"Daddy! You've pulled its arm off," said six-year-old Maisie.
Her father didn't reply. He pulled the remaining arm off.
Maisie glared at her father.
"Eeny, meeny, miny, mo," her father said. Then he pulled the left leg off.
"D-a-d!" said Maisie.
"Quiet, or I'll rip its head off."
Her father pulled the right leg off.
"Ha ha! Just your head and torso left my little friend," her father said, holding his victim in front of his face.
Maisie turned away.
Her father ripped the head from the torso.
Maisie grabbed the remaining Jelly Babies and ran out of the room.

THE KILL by Rick Haynes

Prey was scarce in the dry season. The solitary male lion had not eaten for some time so the kill had been vital. As he dragged the carcass into the undergrowth, his jaws dripped pure crimson. There was little meat on his dinner but a meal was a meal. He salivated with contentment.

At the lodge, the rangers were discussing the big cats. Driven by hunger, starving animals would naturally wander into human settlements, so some would have to be euthanized.
Earlier a ranger had departed, reluctantly agreeing to kill a starving male lion.

Concern grew.

He was long overdue.

That's all for this week. Next week, we'll be joined by Ken Magee. Don't forget to tune in for tomorrows attempt at poetry, it's the first one I actually like... A little bit. Enjoy your days :)

C.S

No comments:

Post a Comment