Tuesday 26 August 2014

Story-time with the Three Bananas + Guests (No.7)

Your check list: Hot beverage? Kids silenced? Nice comfy seat? Some form of snazzy device that lets you read this blog? Awesome, enjoy... Thank you to this weeks special guest Ken Magee! Oh yes, please don't forget to vote for your favourite posts! :)


My memory is short, fragmented and bewildering to me. My understanding of it all is rather limited, confining me to minimalist thoughts and vacant dreams.

From where I lay, I see only blue, a deep vastness of beauty and mystery, yet it seems so far away and just out of my reach.

I can barely move from this position, weakened by my fragile state and wiggly form.

I can feel the earth underneath me, so course and dry and yet I cannot escape it.

I think I’ll just stay here, I am sure I’ve not long left anyway.

Sincerely,

Jellyfish

Guardian Angels? by www.navlogan.com


All day long, in our everyday lives, we’re being told what to do. We are constantly bombarded with conflicting instructions. Stop! Don’t Stop! Go! … Run to the hills.

Our mind’s become a whirlwind of thoughts and we find ourselves lost.

But we all have one friend that will stand by you. They always know what’s right and wrong. All we have to do is listen!

This is not always easy. Many of us have forgotten how. Our modern lifestyles are dictated by time and money; tangible things we can see. How can we trust the voice within our head?

Angry Birds by Bryan Thomas

"Oi! Watch where yer goin' with that pram, yer dozy cow, you nearly ran over my foot."
"Shut it, gob almighty, or I might just accidentally run over your face."
"Is that right?"
"Yeah, that's right."
"Fancy yer chances, do you?"
"Against you? Anytime."
"Listen, I'd spark you out with one punch, yer scrawny, titless wonder."
"In your dreams, bingo wings."
"What did you call me?"
"You 'eard."
"Yer scrawny little cow, why don't you just take yer pram, and yer ugly kid, and just jog on."
"Right! That's it!"
And that was when the feathers really started to fly...


Cheaters Never Win by Ken Magee

Brian had had the operation; more than one, actually.

Webbed feet came first, a simple procedure which added flaps of skin between his toes. 
Webbed hands followed. The lung enlargement came next and then a pair of gills. 
The back fin was the finale. It looked stunning, but it did frighten people at the beach... and the swimming pool for that matter.

The pain and the sacrifice had all been worthwhile. 
He won eight Commonwealth swimming gold medals. 
He was proud of himself and he’d achieved it without any performance enhancing drugs. 
Using drugs was cheating and he hated cheats

No comments:

Post a Comment