Sunday 10 August 2014

Haunted.

It's a dark and stormy night. The only sounds to be heard are the rain drops battering the window and the keys of a small Dell net book being pressed at with heavy fingers. Left click... Amazon UK ... The horror! He looks on in frustration as his eye's cast upon the screen... Maybe, Misery Act One has fourteen five star ratings!!! Yet the full book is rated at only four and a half stars with three ratings! How did this happen! What cruel world I dwell within... Sadness... Feelings of failure... Fade to black.

Over-dramatic writings aside ^, it does bother me that the full book is somewhat lacking behind one of the singular acts. Now I know what you're going to say. "But Chris, it's only been two weeks! Don't you think you're being a bit impatient?"

Yes. Yes I am. I've spent along time with this book and I want to hear peoples deepest opinions. I don't want to know if it's good or not. I want more than that... I want to know what precisely was so good or bad about it. I could spend all day talking about my book and I strongly believe it wouldn't be self-absorbed. It's not like I'm seeking praise, I'm seeking constructive views. Don't get me wrong, I love it when people tell me they've enjoyed my book... Who wouldn't! But I want to know why they enjoyed it, down to the tiniest detail. I'm actually tempted to give away some free copies in exchange for constructive reviews.

I showed my Nan this picture today...


It's basically just me messing around with concepts on create-space, nothing serious, just a free ten minutes. Nan described it as 'all-right' and 'Are those sausages and doughnuts?' Safe to say, this will NOT be the cover to Maybe, Misery II. I just want to say hello to the Polish readers as well, thank you for viewing my little blog. I can't wait until Tuesday, drabbles galore... :)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment