Wednesday 6 August 2014

Attempt At Poetry Wednesdays! (No.6)

I'm still looking for replacement posts... It would seem endlessly. I've considered sharing some actual poets work but that's already being done, so I'll avoid that. I guess this poetry malarkey is quick to do as I write each and every one off the top of my head. Plus next week I'll be back writing so maybe, this will do for now. So enjoy...

Arc-Light Angel

Under the Arc, I'm constricted and bound
My life as a worker, strained and covered in despair
Hoping constantly to have my heart found
Shackled in chains, broken in time, by life unfair.

I look beyond the bright lights up to a million stars
Full of hope
A dream of a life afar
And yet I struggle to cope.

One day in time, I pass by the yard and I see an angel in the distance
Fire-red hair, the brownest eyes and a blinding smile
I hear her laugh heighten as I approach, she informs the other of her name, Constance
My blood flows as I travel to meet her, what feels like a mile.

She giggles as I approach and the beat of my heart increases pace
With beauty so true, I am mesmerized, stood completely still
Utter perfection, contained within a singular member of the human race
As we stand in silence, eyes attached to one another, we are called to the mill.

I've never felt like this before, an uncontrollable madness
A love so fast, a love for this Arc-Light Angel
As we find ourselves amongst the crowd, I lose her and I'm overcome with unbearable sadness
This prisoners life confined to a story of loss, a love filled fable.



No comments:

Post a Comment