Monday 4 August 2014

Feeding the need.

Over this past week, I have had my counselling at work, due to my rebellious natures towards new and stupid rules, I have viewed a few new places to live and have been working on various writing things.

This new 'boss' took me in the office and started writing things down and this was at 5:35 in the morning. Perfect timing to kill off those last 25 minutes. He explained that he knows people think he's a 'cunt' - Well at least he's identified the problem. And that he's just following the rules.

Now, being honest like I am, I explained that 1. I'm not one for obedience and 2. The rule is stupid. My earphones were literally just dangling innocently from my shirt, at least 8 inches from my actual ears. It's just stupid beyond belief, to a point were I can't cope with how stupid the world is becoming. I'm like a superhero without any powers, rebelling against stupidity.

However, the next step is a disciplinary, so I have no choice but to submit as I'm not willing to play fast and loose with my job just yet. It will pain me, but I doubt I'll be able to keep it up. After all I only work nights once a week, am I really supposed to remember stupid rules for a full seven days?

House viewing has been a chore and I really despise moving. If and when I move, it will be the fifteenth bloody time. I said, I'm going to move above my Nan and get a firemen's pole fitted, though I have witnessed my Nan's demonic snoring so it's still under consideration :p

Our little Halloween project is now in a nice straight forward flow. I was having a mess around at designing covers and I'll put it at the bottom for you to see. Remember though, it only took 16 minutes, which would of been 10 if my internet wasn't running slow. And it was a sole effort alone, if we do release our little book, the cover will be a team effort.

Oh yes, to the point of this blog... which in no way has been a rant. As you're aware, I'm currently taking a two week break from writing my own books. I just wanted you all to know it's killing me. I'm actually starting to miss the characters I have been working with. My plan is to release Nova at the start of next year, with Maybe, Misery 2 (The Talon strand) at the back end (in the Fall). Then at the start of the next year, I will release the second part of Nova.

I don't know whether I'll last the rest of this week without writing, I get this urge to switch on my iTunes and get plodding away.

Anyway, don't forget that tomorrow is your weekly drabbles from Bryan, Nav and the short story I (quickly) adapted from four separate drabbles.

Have a nice day.

C.S



 

No comments:

Post a Comment