Wednesday 20 August 2014

Attempt At Poetry Wednesdays! (No.8)

Bloody hell... It comes round way too quickly.

The Unknown

As I lie here still and alone listening to the eerie silence from the garden
The maid enters my chamber through the tall oak door
"Begging your pardon! Begging your pardon!"

"What is it?" I ask, annoyed by her tone
Rude, intrusive and never having a care for my reading time
"It's the phone sir! The phone!"

The pale faced demon places it on my lap and I place it to my ear
"You're going to die you bastard."
My heart suddenly filled with fear.

"Who is this?! What are you playing at!"
"I'm on the moor, come quickly and see."
I grab my gun. my coat and my hunters hat.

The air is cold and the winds are high
My hands are frozen and shaking
But my head is held high.

I approach the moor and there a body lies
Lifeless and cold; frozen to the touch
It's my wife! "Whoever you are, your end is nigh!"

I grip my gun and press on the trigger.
Darting around the hedge maze, I see a man covered in blood.
I take aim and let out a howling snigger.

"Die bastard die! As the round leaves the barrel
He drops to the floor and I sprint straight over
It's my butler David, in his well dressed apparel.

I kneel down in sorrow, I feel like a wreck
What utter confusion! A horrid calamity!
That is, until I feel the cold steel of a blade upon my neck.

As my world turns black and I start to cry
My past flashes before my eyes with reckon abandon
The unknown assailant whispers in my ear "Die bastard, die."

No comments:

Post a Comment