Friday 8 August 2014

The Weekly Round-Down. (No.2)

Well it's that time again. Your weekly summary of news, so lets get to it. Today, as I was walking to the bathroom at work, I walked through the double doors and saw a woman approaching. I took two steps backwards and opened the door for her, do you know what she said... Absolutely nothing, not even a polite smile. People without manners should just drop dead.

As you may not know, I've already started writing again, it feels fantastic. I think it will eclipse the first... otherwise, I just won't release it. I'm not one for back tracking or doing things twice, like the fact I had to order the brainy Jess a brand new cup for winning my quiz... bloody royal mail.

The Halloween story is taking a turn for the brilliant. I'm sure all you guys will love it. Though I'm waiting for the sex and violence to kick in. This in no way will be a children's book.

When I play my Nan at cards, we usually bet each other for food. Up to now, I'm owed two subways, £5 worth of fruit and soon a curry. So my plan is to bet her; that if I win, she will get a kitten but if she wins, I'll never mention it again. I'm not sure if she'll take me on yet, but it would save me looking for a place that excepts pets :p

I managed to watch two films this week! The Amazing Spiderman 2... As a fan of Marc Webb with 500 days of Summer being one of my many favourite films, I was utterly disappointed with this latest outing. Amazing, it was not. Even the score had potential, so I got that... Another missed opportunity.

Transcendence - The first film in a long time to make me feel sleepy at 7pm. An interesting premise let down by an atrociously boring film. I almost slipped into a coma.

I finished watching the Following season 2 which was great. I'm not sure how much longer they can keep it going for. I've finally got round to watching S.H.I.E.LD. I'm about five episodes in and... It's awful, as much as I love Marvel. Where do they get the idea that make a show full of utter moronic characters will make a good show?  I hate them all (except for Coulson obviously) and I wouldn't blink and eye if they were all killed off. It's almost as bad as the show we won't mention *cough The 100 cough* I'll give it a fair chance though.

I've also just finished reading Fifth Season by David Wailing. There are two short stories told through the eyes of children. It's light, easy reading and fantastic. It made me feel nostalgic, something I rarely feel... unless I see a small child playing with Lego. There's also some excellent bonus drabbles Plus it's 77p! So get it here: Fifth Season

Tuesdays story time is going to be epic! A bumper edition! There's myself, Bryan Thomas, Michael Brookes, Ken Magee, Nav Logan and Rick Haynes! So you can look forward to that :)

Enjoy the weekend people. I'll leave you with my Top 15 of the week with some 80's chucked in...

(Lwp)
1. (n/a) Love & Pride – King
2. (n/a) A is for Action – Ima Robot
3. (n/a) Black Star - Celldweller
4. (n/a) Sweet Dreams – Eurhythmics
5. (1) Flowers – Son Lux
6. (2) The Matthew Effect – Nothing More
7. (4) I’m the One – Seether
8. (3) Poltergeist – Deftones
9. (6) Have You Ever – Incubus
10. (7) Talons – Bloc Party
11. (5) The Courtesy Call – Aperture Science P.L
12. (9) The 2nd Law (Unsustainable) – Muse
13. (8) Androids – Eminem & LP
14. (15) The Lines – Bear Tooth
15. (n/a) Falling On – Finger Eleven

No comments:

Post a Comment