Tuesday 12 August 2014

Story-time with the Three Bananas + Guests (No.5) BUMPER EDITION!

I won't say much today, other than thank you to all this weeks guests! It's a big one! Robots! So enjoy :)

False Control by C.S. Bailey

You push me around, you decide when I eat and you disrupt my sleep at every possible chance.
You shout at me when you’re angry, you hug me when you’re happy and I’m never sure of what mood you’re in.
You stroke my hair and call me your best friend until someone else comes along.

As I lie here feeling abandoned, I cry in silence wondering if this is all that there is to my life. 
I’m tired of this life of mine, constantly waiting for you to take care of my needs. 

I’m through with being Stuart’s prized puppy. 

Rotting Fruit by Nav Logan

A murder of crows perch on a pylon, standing like a lone sentry upon a battlefield. Rubble and bodies lie everywhere, fresh fruit ripening in the desert sun. The crows wait, looking hungrily down at the harvest. They watch a starving dog worrying at a corpse. For a moment the dog gorges itself on fresh meat, its belly swelling at it feeds.
A loud crack breaks the silence and the dog howls, staggers a few feet and falls over, more food for the crows.

The last rocket falls in fiery rain. Silence descends. Another ceasefire has begun. Crows will feed.

SOLACE AND DREAMS by Rick Haynes

As I was sitting comfortably with an ice-cold beer, I watched the sun gently subside over the endless horizon. I was thinking of a title for a new book.
‘Dreams over the rainbow.’
‘Golden orb above the clouds.’
‘The not so blue sky.’
It was hopeless. My brain appeared to be functioning but the words did little justice to my imagination.
Then a quiet voice echoed in my ear.
‘Should you not have a semblance of an idea to begin with?’
Now that is a thought.
What story should I write?
Sod it! 
Back to the sunset.
And the beer.

Giga-thoughts by Michael Brookes

Everything began with a single thought. A pure singularity of consciousness where nothing existed. That first thought begot another and then more. Time formed to mark the passage of one concept to the next.

A universe created to encapsulate the phase-space of infinite possibility. The calculation of perception stratified into a framework of existence.

Immensity expanded into complexity, which in turn compressed into beings with their own thoughts. Nova of consciousness sparked throughout the expansion of the first thought. A billion minds increasing in number creating a confusion of experience.

From ‘I am’ to ‘We are’. What will come next?


The Show by Ken Magee

"Today, Beth and Steve join us on the show," announced the host, a cheesy grin spread like Dairylea across his face.

Applause

"Steve's here to find out the results of the DNA test to tell if he's the father of little Jamie. Beth says he is, but Steve says she’s been sleeping around, so God only knows who the father is."

Boos

"So here are the results..." he opened the gold envelope.

"Steve," pause for effect, "you are the father!"

Applause

"And hold on, this is unusual," longer pause for bigger effect, "Beth, you are not the mother."

Rapturous cheers.

The Hunger by A.K Michaels

Her lips were parched, cracked, sore, her throat? That was so dry it hurt. Needing a drink, fluid to soothe her sore lips, relieve her painful throat. Knowing she was getting weaker, needing the ambrosia of liquid or death, soon.

Hiding as 'they' hunted her. Concealed, safe, meant no sustenance, nothing easing her hunger. Her nose twitched, food, could she get it? No choice she had to...or die.


Easing her aching body from the darkness, seeing the food, making a grab, holding it desperately. A smile coming over her face as she sunk her fangs into the man's neck...blood...her nectar.

Robot by Bryan Thomas

The world's media had descended on Newcastle University, England. The main hall was packed to the rafters as Professor Johnson and his team unveiled 'Kristina', the world's first sentient robot.
After Kristina had introduced herself, the professor invited questions from the media.
"Professor, Dan Oliver of KQXL TV, Chicago. Kristina is obviously female, but how female is she?"
"Kristina is anatomically perfect. She is fully capable of a sexual relationship. One of my team has made advances to her on several occasions. To date, her response has been consistent."
"And that response is?"
"Not tonight, pet. I've got a headache."



No comments:

Post a Comment