Friday 19 September 2014

The Weekly Round-Down. (No.7)

Bloody hell, as if it's been two weeks. As you can imagine a fair bit has happened, like losing my temper at people with no imagination, continuously being rubbish at tennis and making Rick Haynes a fully fledged banana.

Yes, my opinion on the self-publishing industry has taken a beating of late, mainly because there's just no moderation. There's a woman who calls herself an author. The motto on her website is 'your only limit is your imagination' or some such shit. Want to know one of the names of her books... 8 shades of gray: The land of the TWILIGHT!!! Are you kidding me woman! Where was your imagination when you came up with that title! At least steal from the best, you talentless beast! What the fuck happens when you get up to 49 shades? Maybe I should call my next book The Great Talon or even better... Talon and Juliet. Or why don't I take a leaf out of your shallow book and rename the Talon strand... Hamlet! Stupid people, if we traded in around 5 billion people for kittens, the world would be a better and cuter place. It really pisses me off.

While I was off work, the only real exercise I go was tennis... I'm still rubbish. I'd say I'm getting better, but I'd be lying.

Rick Haynes emailed me lots of drabbles, so he has been welcomed aboard and been given banana status. So next Tuesday, it will be Story-time with the FOUR bananas.

Our Halloween story is now going through the editing process. It's now my turn to go through it all. It's looking bloody good. Ava and Rick have buggered off on holiday, leaving me and Nav to cause mischief.

I've also started writing the story I'm doing with the lovely and talented Jolie Shanoian. Speaking of which, here's a bit about her...

Jolie Nicole Shanoian is the Author of Whimsey the Aristocratic Detective in the Case of the Notorious Nanny and Whimsey the Aristocratic Detective in Panda and Poppy’s British Adventure. She is currently working on the third installment of the Whimsey Adventures, Whimsey the Aristocratic Detective and the Ghosts of Highgate. When Jolie is not writing she is working on various art projects. She has produced greeting cards, shoulder bags, posters, leather jackets and unique one of kind dolls. In addition, she is currently illustrating a collaborative Halloween poem/picture book. Look for all creative updates on her production Company page Skippy Jack Production: Facebook

I keep beating my Nan at cards, yet she refuses to play for a kitten, the cruel woman.

What else... I finally finished watching Vikings and it was nowhere near as good as people made it out to be. People seem to be easily entertained.

Oh yeah, In case you missed it, I beat up Justin Bieber...



I'm also starting preparations for the Talon Strand, which includes fattening the beast up, designing teasers and setting up a photo shoot for the front cover.

Also, I'm in the process of having some bookmarks made and my very own logo, how sexy is that!

Have a great weekend everybody, here is the top 15 songs you should be listening to... (I've just realised that I didn't actually post the top 15 last time, so apologies for that.)

(Lwp)
1. (n/a) Comanche – In This Moment
2. (n/a) The Devil In I – Slipknot
3. (n/a) Set Me On Fire – Flyleaf
4. (n/a) All the Right Things – Son Lux
5. (n/a) Mr. MTV – Nothing More
6. (n/a) Burn – In This Moment
7. (n/a) Shut Up And Swallow – Combichrist
8. (n/a) What the Fuck is Wrong With You – Combichrist
9. (n/a) Magnetic – Flyleaf
10. (n/a) Take Out the Gunman – Chevelle
11. (n/a) Again We Rise – Lamb of God
12. (5) Adrenalize – In This Moment
13. (3) My Wall – KoRn
14. (4) It Was Written in Blood (Remix) – Bring Me the Horizon
15. (6) Your Visits Are Getting Closer – Bloc Party



No comments:

Post a Comment