Thursday 25 September 2014

Bailey & Friends: Rick Haynes

What can I say about Rick except for the fact that he's awesome. We met on the kindle users forum and he has continued to entertain me every since. We invited him to work with us on our Halloween project and he has contributed greatly, far beyond his own part. So this post is dedicated to Mr. Rick.
We have drabbles from Rick and his family for you all to enjoy... Don't forget to give his Facebook page a like, he's not one of those spammers :) And don't forget to have a good day.

HOGSHEAD TUNNEL by Rick Haynes

The distinguished speaker had officially opened the Hindhead Tunnel. It had taken over fifty years for the idea to finally become a reality.
As the crowd dispersed, the first cars trundled through the tunnel. No longer would the Hindhead bottleneck be a major problem for traffic on the A3.
Two old hedgehogs stood high on the banking.
‘We can once again cross the old road without fear.’
‘Yes. Too many died young.’
‘Humans really are stupid creatures. It takes them so long to make up their minds. They sleep during the best time and they don’t even hibernate in winter.’

Rick's Facebook page

THE SECRET by Teresa Haynes

The young woman sat in total darkness wondering how long she had been waiting there. The silence emanated all around her and although she couldn’t see, she could feel the presence of someone else in the room; she knew she was not alone. How much longer could she stand it, not being able to move or speak?
Suddenly there was movement around her and she knew her time had come. The apprehension was unbearable and she started trembling. The door opened and the room was bathed in bright light.
She stood up and everyone followed in unison.
‘Surprise! Happy Birthday!’

Rick's Amazon page

LIFE by Ryan Haynes

I cannot see, I cannot hear, I cannot breathe, and yet I feel very content. A rush of water flows over my body. My head is being crushed by a force I cannot describe, and I feel a heavy impact strike my back. I gasp for air, fighting for my life. My eyes open and I see four silhouetted shadowy figures standing in a hazy light, but I have no idea who they are or for that matter who I am.
The confusion is terrifying.
Then!
With the voice of an angel, I hear my name.
Samuel Francis Jones.

BLAZE AWAY by Steve Haynes

It was suicide but this bunker was of strategic importance.
‘We’ve battled through half the night and made it this far lads, so go out in a blaze of glory.’
‘Do we know any other way?’ chuckled Reaper.
The intermittent headset chatter was lost in the confusion as plasma fire punctured the night sky.
‘Shit! We lost Dante. Godammit Reaper, give us some covering fire. We’re getting chewed to pieces.’
‘Cypher’s gone! Cypher’s gone! You’re gonna make it Rogue 20. Only ten metres! Come on!  BOOM!’
‘Noooooooo!’
 A voice echoed up the stairs.
‘One more try, then off to bed.’


No comments:

Post a Comment