Tuesday 2 September 2014

Story-time with the Three Bananas + Guests (No.8)

Who doesn't love Tuesdays! A fresh cup of tea, silenced small children and short stories from the Three Bananas and our friend, the immeasurable Rick Haynes. Yes, life is good, so sit back and enjoy...
Next week, we'll be joined by Ken Magee. Also, in case you forgot, there will be no poetry tomorrow. Wednesday will be a day were I attempt to create a story around an inanimate object. Guess what's coming Thursday... Yes that's right, your President, Chris Bailey will regale you with the tales of outer space.


As I gaze into your eyes, ever the more distant, I am reminded of the past. 
That day we met, that moment I realised that I loved you and that moment I wanted to make you my wife.
I honestly believed we were meant to be together and I was never one to believe in fate. 

Even as I stood by and watched you reduce the best of me to an eternal nothingness, I still believed.

Peering over the rooftop this fateful day, your fresh corpse splatters and smashes against the concrete floor and I am no longer a believer. 

Batteries Not Included by www.navlogan.com

Batteries not included - a phrase that makes my blood boil! 

Always a keen inventor, I rummaged around in my spare parts box for a solution.

I considered solar panels but they wouldn’t be practical. I could hardly leave it outside in the sun. What would the neighbours say?

Finally, I hot-wired it to the cigarette lighter in my car. The device worked so well, I decided to give it a quick road test. That’s when the accident happened. 

My appliance was humming away merrily when I crashed into the back of a parked patrol car. Don’t orgasm and drive!

Young Love... and Stuff by Bryan Thomas
Mavis, 76, was reading in the appointment room.
Two teenagers sat behind her.
"Oh my god! I was totally in Jason's bedroom last night," said Aleesha.
"Shut up! I'm so jealous," said Kaylee.
"Yeah, I was pulling his shirt off and he was getting my top off."
"Noooo!"
"Yeah, and he said, 'I totally want to have sex with you and stuff'. And I said, 'I totally want you to have sex with me and stuff'."
"Noooo! Did you... do it and stuff?"
"Nah."
Mavis put her book down, she was totally glad that she wasn't a teenager and stuff.

RIGHT JOKE – WRONG TIME by Rick Haynes

‘Heard the one about the taxi driver undoing the bra of his lady passenger. He was charged with exceeding the limits in a built up area.’
A ripple of laughter echoed around the auditorium.
‘At my last show a ‘streaker’ rushed the stage but she was thrown out by the bouncers.’
The laughter grew.
‘Doctor Dave had slept with a patient. The guilt was overwhelming. A little evil voice told him not to worry but his reality voice told him, Dave you’re a vet.’
There was total silence in the room.
He had forgotten that this was the Veterinary Convention.

Get your teeth into this 'ménage a trois.'

No comments:

Post a Comment