Tuesday 9 September 2014

Story-time with the Three Bananas + Guests (No.9)

Yes, despite being busy writing, I have still managed to scramble this post together :) Thank you to Nav and Bryan as always for being good sports. I'm trying to get an interview for Nav done, I'll sort it soon... probably next week when I have more time. A special thank you goes out to this weeks guest ken Magee. So read on and enjoy, much love.

The Collision of Fate by www.facebook.com/csbailey

My love for her was too strong, overwhelming and constantly playing on my mind.
Yet fate would have us apart, with our paths never crossing. I tried to cope but without her, but always I felt like a shadow of the man I could be.
Letting my determination lead the way, positive thoughts flew between brainwaves and I honestly believed that one day she would be mine.
Finally, we crashed into each other at such a velocity, that neither of us could deny it was meant to be. This was fate.

The doctors don’t think she’s going to pull through.

Dread News by www.navlogan.com
When I saw the Tower with the Moon behind it, my heart missed a beat. I glanced over at you, sitting there expectantly, but refrained from comment. The Devil joined us, and my earlier sense of foreboding was confirmed.

 You had come here looking for answers as if I was some sort of magician, but I’m only a lost and troubled soul, just like you. Some say that I have the gift, but I know the truth. It’s more a curse than a blessing.

I pray for Temperance and a ray of sunshine, but instead, the final card is Death.


The Young Buck (Anglo-Saxon times) by Bryan Thomas

"Fair Maiden, whilst thou take my hand and walk with me?" said Kenric.
I smell a randy young buck, thought Editha.
"You are slender of hip and elegant of stride, you bring splendour to my day."
"Thank you kindly, sir, but I believe your intentions may not be entirely honourable."
"Such wisdom. I admit my trouser snake dost requireth some sport."
"What misdeeds dost thou have in mind for thy venomous viper?"
"The grass is tall, the sun is high and I desire to pop-eth thy cherry."
"That ship hath sailed, barely three full moons ago."
"Damn!" said Kenric, skulking off.

Newspaper Headlines by Ken Magee

The first headline to catch my eye stated ‘UK is Slipping Down Global League Tables in Reading and Geography’. Apparently we’re languishing twenty places behind Estonia. It appears that few of our children would understand ‘languishing’ nor could they pinpoint Estonia on a map.

The next headline read ‘Overuse of Antibiotics is a Ticking Time Bomb’. Bacteria are cleverly adapting and becoming resistant to the drugs. The growing resistance poses a bigger danger to the nation than terrorism.

 Depressed, I stopped reading, it seems our kids are getting dumber, bacteria are getting smarter... this is not going to end well.

No comments:

Post a Comment