Tuesday 15 July 2014

Stories And Other Scribblings. (No.1)

So here we are. If you're wondering what happened to Nova Tuesdays... well, they're gone. Now that I'm concentrating on the second Maybe, Misery my fantasy attempt MAY have to wait. To be honest, there is more of it I could share, so you never know, it may make an appearance :)

This week, we have drabbles from myself, Nav Logan and Bryan Thomas. So I hope you all enjoy them and feel free to submit your own.

The Last Cut is the Deepest By C.S.Bailey

Blood splatters across my face
I let out a silent howl
To share my disdain for the entire human race
A chop, chop, chop here
And a chop, chop, chop there
I grow weary of their demands
So I cut deeper by the day as the sadness rises
Never wanting to hurt a soul but my choices are not my own
I inherited this curse from my father, causing pain to a few for the needs of masses
Washing my hands rigorously once more
I’ve had enough of this life and time
I am the butcher’s son no more!

Conquest By Nav Logan  http://navlogan.com/
Panting heavily, I put my whole body behind the blow and it strikes true. The pick sinks deeply and spray splatters across my face. I pull the razor-sharp Ice axe from her crown and climb to my feet, catching my breath as I look down at her.
Looking around, I check for witnesses to my conquest. I am all alone. I bask in the glory of my achievement.
She has haunted me for years, taunting me with her dominance, but finally I have defeated her. She lies now at my feet, and I feel like the king of the world.

Her First Time By Bryan Thomas  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Bryan-Thomas/e/B007WE83LA/

"Is this your first time, Mrs Smith?"
"Yes, it's my first time."
"Don't worry, everything will be fine."
"It's alright for you, you're a man."
"Relax, deep breaths... and push."
"Urrrrggghh."
"And again."
"Urrrrggghh."
"Good, more deep breaths now."
"This isn't easy."
"Focus, you can do it."
"I feel faint."
"Just relax, nearly there."
"And puuussshh."
"Urrrrggghh."
"Okay, not long now."
"I don't think I can go on, it's too much."
"Keep breathing, come on now, deeeep breaths."
"Urrrrggghh."
The car's engine burst into life.
"Thanks for the push, Mrs Smith, I'll just about get to work on time."

A Pain in the Ass By C.S.Bailey

We met of luck and we met out of chance.
I’m still forever grateful she never asked me to dance.
Her blonde hair flows as it glistens in the sun, her Irish temper boils right there with it.
She read my first book, said it was good.
Thank goodness for that! I was worried it was a dud.
I have nagged at her constantly, this makeshift proofreader of mine.
Yet she smiled right back, knife hidden behind.
It feels like we’ve know each other a while as we watch the time pass.
Forever my friend,
A pain in the ass.

No comments:

Post a Comment