Monday 14 July 2014

Never Say Never.

So it dawns on my that I may be addicted to blogging and I'm not sure why. Perhaps I like the idea of indirectly keeping people informed or perhaps I like finding out what's going on in my life, because I never pay attention as it happens. As well as the fact that you beautiful people read my little blog so you must like finding out as well? Who knows, it's a mystery for the ages.

Maybe, Misery is now available for pre-order on both iTunes and Kobo, with the rest of the sites taking their bloody time! I'm wasting away waiting for it's release, figuratively speaking of course. How can time travel so slowly! It's just cruel. I'm currently reading the Great Gatsby. I haven't seen the film and I'm enjoying the book immensely. Though with Midnight in Paris being a favourite film of mine, I can't help but read the book in a Tom Hiddleston voice.

A lovely friend of mine gave me a big massive cake today and I smiled for the rest of my shift, I do love cake despite it being very very naughty. And with being busy with book stuff, the gym has taken a back seat! As soon as it's out, I'm going to be back in there burning the delicious cake off.

Today, something strange happened. I actually read some of Maybe, Misery. I mean actually read it, without having to look for anything at all other than the story and you know what... I fucking enjoyed it! I'm not being egotistic or trying to boast about my book but I really did enjoy reading it. Which is strange right?

Also last night I was taking to some people about my author account. APPARENTLY it's against the rules to have two personal accounts. So what am I going to do you ask? Fuck all. My personal account is where I can swear and say the amusing things I want to say. My author account is more professional, yet I still get interact with people better than on a page, so screw you terms and conditions. Rules are made for the obedient ones and I've never been good at that. It's just plain silly, that people try and create all these rules to dictate how we operate. Why doesn't the government just find away to install Windows on to human beings, that way they can have full control... well except for when it crashes.

If I wanted to submit to rules, I'd become religious.

I should mention that a valid point was raised. What if my readers don't want to add me because I'll have access to their personal details? It was a good question and not one I'd considered. So my solution is: If people start to take notice and interact with my page rather than my account, I will continue to use the page. Simple. It's worth pointing out, if someone adds me on Facebook, I don't fucking go routing through their fucking details. I haven't the time and it serves no purpose. It's bloody weird.

Also tomorrow (or Wednesday morning, depending on what time I get back from my Nan's) we will have short stories from myself and two talented authors Nav Logan and Bryan Thomas. Me, Nav and hopefully Bryan are also working on a short story together. basically one of us submits 100 words and then the other continues the story and so on; it should be bloody good :)

Until tomorrow you lovely people around the world.  


No comments:

Post a Comment