Friday 24 October 2014

The Weekly Round-Down. (No.12) Mammoth Edition!

I'd actually say this week has been a good week... nothing bad has actually happened, well from what I can remember. I purchased my Ebola kit, paid an extortionate amount of money for mouthwash and oh, yes... released a book!

It's true. Due to my blatant cynicism wherever mankind is involved, I have little faith in the containment of any virus. Call it paranoia if you like, but if there's one thing I'm good at, it's surviving. And if mankind ends up exterminated, I'll be sitting in the dark, all alone feeling smug. Mouthwash should be essential in everybody's routine... especially those bastard mouth-breathers that like to invade your personal space. Running out, I quickly nipped to my local Tesco... £7 quid for mouthwash... robbing bastards. Of course I paid it, either that or build on the paranoia of having bad breath in the midst of the apocalypse :p

Now, for the brighter news. A long time ago, Myself and a few others came up with the idea of writing a short story together, it was called The Call of the Wild... do you remember that? We we enjoyed it and we built upon it. Myself, A.K. Michaels, Nav Logan and Rick Haynes decided to write a short story. It wasn't even that long ago, but today sees its release! I'm extremely proud of all of us, for accomplishing it, in such a short space of time. Ken Magee even chimed in with a excellent cameo and (The Awesome) David Wailing even proof read it for us, for those who remember, he was my excellent editor for Maybe, Misery. It's been a fantastic experience, even the endless supply of emails and I'll be sad to see it end. A.K sorted out our covers and it looks fantastic... I even managed to wish my Nan a Happy Birthday in the authors notes! So, now I have bought her a copy of the book instead of a bloody card, seeing as how her Birthday is on Halloween. I'd like to take this opportunity to thank everyone who has been either involved or supportive, it's meant a lot to us all. All of our profits are being donated to the Kindle users forum (where we all met) and another charity (homeless kittens?) so check it out here: Happy Halloween, Amazon Uk

What else? Or yes, Beating hearts is also coming along nicely and the 20/20 quiz should hopefully soon be ready. After this, I'm going to concentrate on The Talon Strand. I both Jolie and Wendy read the introduction and they both said it was good and sounded like a woman. Which the introduction is by a female character so thankfully that makes sense.

Eilis said she idolises camels... this both amused and concerned me.

I watched The Lego movie! I'm not one for nostalgia but if there's one film that filled me with child-like glee, it was that.

I'm sure some other stuff happened... you see, this is what happens when I don't blog every day, I forget! Oh... who has seen the new Avengers trailer! It's fantastic, though I can't wait to see Vision.

Here is a spotlight for the wonderful Kristina Canady...

Kristina on Facebook
Kristina's Website

Hello, my name is Kristina Canady. I am a new author and have written two books in my paranormal romance series, The Lunar Eclipse Series. Part III is due out in April on the next Lunar Eclipse. Being a hard working mom/ nurse with a bit of a realists mouth, and sometimes a sailors one- I wanted to write something more women could relate to as I too occasionally tire of “perfect-happily-ever-endings” and like to mix it up. After a few ranting sessions with my girlfriends about all the perfect love stories we’ve read, I decided to write a not-so-perfect love story that we could connect to as love can hurt like no other. They loved it, but they can be biased, so off I set into the self-publishing world to see if my passion for writing can take me somewhere.

Tell us about your latest book:

Midnight Unveiled (Part II) The Lunar Eclipse Series:

Possession is far from her ideals, yet, that is what everyone around her is aiming for. How will she clear her mind to claim herself?

He wants her – a beautiful trophy for his collection, but she’s not ready to be “owned” by any relationship, let alone one that is against her will. How far will he go to possess her, and is love powerful enough to save her? Sasha Green continues her journey in this second instalment of the Lunar Eclipse Series to find her place in the vampire world while grieving the human life she will be forced to leave behind. Can she find the deep, meaningful love that her soul cries out for, or will fate decide a different destiny for her heart?

Midnight Bloom (Part I) The Lunar Eclipse Series:

Fate has determined her role, and he wants nothing to do with it. But, will either of them be able to resist the midnight cravings?
In this first novel of the Lunar Eclipse series, Sasha learns of the unusual hand that fate has dealt her and finds herself caught up in a battle between her moral compass and her innermost primitive desires. As she evolves into her predetermined role, she must question her fear against myth and weigh the value of all that she's previously committed to against the fulfilment of the path that an unknown force is pushing her to walk.

I almost forgot! I have a logo! Talk about feeling like a super-hero... especially when I've finished at the gym! My thanks go to the talented girls who sorted it for me and our book cover!



Here is your top 15, I'll see you all soon and enjoy the weekend...

(Lwp)
1. (2) Down – 311
2. (1) Flickers – Son Lux
3. (4) End of an Empire – Celldweller
4. (n/a) Sex & Lies – Nothing More
5. (5) Comanche – In This Moment
6. (n/a) Empire – Kasabian
7. (3) 100 Ways to Hate – Five Finger Death Punch
8. (7) Personal Jesus – Depeche Mode
9. (n/a) Stalemate – Enter Shikari
10. (n/a) Stellar – Incubus
11. (6) Lost in Time (Remix) – Celldweller
12. (8) Alien – Ima Robot
13. (15) Set Me On Fire – Flyleaf
14. (10) The Propaganda – Limp Bizkit
15. (13) All the Right Things – Son Lux


No comments:

Post a Comment