Monday 13 October 2014

Pushing forward, from a backwards position.

So, I want to share something with you guys... The other night, I received a review of Maybe, Misery. It's tenth on Amazon UK, which isn't too bad if you consider how old it is. It was a good review, to say the least. I will paste it below so you can see it; not because I'm egocentric or to boast but because it defines the purpose of this post...

"Maybe Misery by C.S. Bailey was captivating, suspenseful and hypnotizing. Talon is a brilliant man, he comes across arrogant, but you can't help but fall in love with his character even with his Jekyll and Hyde moments. Circumstances can change a person's outlook in life, not everything is black and white and the grey areas can be quite disturbing. Author C.S.Bailey did a phenomenal job portraying Talon's strength and weaknesses. In this story you will experience unconditional love, loss, heartbreak, betrayal, guilt, purpose and acceptance.

Maybe Misery consumed me with an array of emotions which made my reading experience pure delight. The truth and clarity in this story was brilliant. I look forward reading your next book."

Now don't worry, I'm not going to complain about it, after all, what is there to complain about? The bloody thing had me grinning for at least a day. The point I'm going to make is that, reviews like this are life changing. Now, I know what you're thinking, "he got a good review, what's his point?" "It was probably his mum who left it." Well there is a point and no, it wasn't my mum who left it, I doubt that she-devil has even read my book. Too busy sending my game requests on Facebook ha ha.

When I read and re-read this review, it built up some kind of a surge inside of me (not in a kinky way) and it made me feel like I wanted to propel my writing to a higher level. It gave me the fuel needed, to make me want to improve The Talon Strand, to write more! Recently, I've been thinking that The Talon Strand wasn't that good but this review... made me think I can fucking make it phenomenal! I can make it better! I can surpass the first book! And all this, from one persons words.

Speaking of MM2, I let someone close to me read a chapter of it today. It was a sort of parallel one from the other book but from a different characters point of view. They said, they preferred it to the one from the first book. So, surely that's a good sign?

Anyway, there's lots coming up soon. I'll be doing a spot light on my buddy Nav soon, our Halloween book will then be out. I'm also trying to arrange another 20/20 quiz but I was quickly reminded of why it annoyed me last time. Finding twenty people to do a quiz is a challenge in itself. Acting as if I want their liver. You know me though, I'm determined. Don't forget... tomorrow is drabble day :)

I hope you're all having a productive week and remember; there's enough fucking negativity in the world, so go out there and be encouraging.

Much love

C.S

No comments:

Post a Comment