Wednesday 29 October 2014

Attempt At Poetry Wednesdays! (No.11)

Yeah, I left it until the last minute a-bloody-gain. So in the spirit of my forgetfulness, here is...

The Last Minute

It started with a rejection
You turned me down
Throwing me by the way side
Followed by a period of self reflection.

But I persevered
I never lost my cool
And I tried and tried again
For yet another negative answer was all I feared.

This time, there was change
Your eyes shining as you smiled
The word yes left your lips
Still to this day, I still found it strange.

We dated for a long time
And took it easy as could be
Until I hearts took control
As we sang our own chime.

Things took a turn for the worse
You became down right unwell
The doctors told me there was no hope
But I kept my sadness scarce.
  
Our love become infinite
Beyond the stars
Sadness incarnate as you took your last breathe
Just know I have cheered every moment
Right to the last minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment