Friday 17 October 2014

The Weekly Round-Down. (No.11)

It's been a good week this week - one of those weeks were not much goes wrong and you hardly get tempted to bludgeon someone with a hammer... Wait, that happened on Tuesday, but asides from that, its been good. Even Tuesday ended up being a good day, the calm before the shit-storm perhaps? It's still slightly strange being off tomorrow, I'm not sure what to do with my day. This week I nearly lost my trainers, attended Nav's event and gave myself lots more to do.

It's true, I decided to make a second attempt at a walk by the sea. All was well and the weather was nice, unfortunately I stumbled too far out and the sand appeared to be mush... It was a fun yet messy challenge making it back to dry land. My good friend Nav had his book release event and I actually made it there on time... well after the gym at least. He did well and I dread the day when I have to host an event, I much prefer to be a fork on the table than the centre piece. I have also successfully started a second 20/20 quiz! I told you I'm determined. I guess I should thank Eilis, though she did chicken out, she did get two of her friends involved. So yeah, I've got all that to sort out. Plus a interview, the Halloween book release, bookmarks, The talon Strand, Beating Hearts and probably some other stuff I have forgotten about! My memory is a disaster.

Reminder to self: Order Nan some shopping, because when she goes herself, she comes back with bacon, eggs and three different types of cake.

What else... Oh yes, here is the spotlight for the talented Nicky White. I was supposed to do it during the week, but I have been slightly busy, or so it would appear. Any way she's awesome and you should check her out.I'll hopefully be getting an interview done with her soon, you know how I love to ask people silly questions.

Nicky's Book
Nicky on The Facebook
Nicky's Blog

Synopsis:

Raven Pierce vowed to escape the hot and humid climate of Missouri and never look back. After completing her graduate program, she drags her sun-loving, winter-hating best friend to start a new life in Minnesota with its cold crisp air and blankets of snow. Raven’s main focus is her new career and truly establishing her own identity. The last thing she intends to do as she is building a new life is to fall in love. As her luck would have it, one evening a minor accident sends Mr. Tall-Dark-and-Handsome to her rescue. What starts out as the perfect relationship begins to turn challenging when tragedy strikes and pulls her grief-stricken boyfriend into a dark and unpredictable frame of mind. Raven finds herself fighting for love in an unfamiliar, confusing, and sometimes dark terrain.

Biography

Nicky grew up in a small town in the Midwest, where she still resides. She has her Masters in Industrial/Organizational Psychology. She works part of the time in Kansas City and the other part in her home town. Juggling between family, work, and writing, she stays very busy; never a dull moment. Writing has always been a passion and talent of hers. Her mother was also a writer, but of poetry. Nicky has written her fair share of poems, but the idea of writing a novel is what truly pulled at her heart strings. She started writing Raven's Innocence last fall, which has just been released. She will then diligently start writing her next book, Raven's Undoing.


Oh shit yeah, speaking of books... I completely re-structured Maybe, Misery II as well, but more on that some other time. So anyway, as it would appear I have plenty to do; and I've probably missed loads out, so I'll leave you with the top 15. Until next time humans, have a good one :)

(Lwp)
1. (1) Flickers – Son Lux 
2. (n/a) Down – 311  
3. (n/a) 100 Ways to Hate – Five Finger Death Punch
4. (3) End of an Empire – Celldweller
5. (2) Comanche – In This Moment
6. (6) Lost in Time (Remix) – Celldweller
7. (5) Personal Jesus – Depeche Mode
8. (4) Alien – Ima Robot
9. (7) The Devil In I – Slipknot
10. (8) The Propaganda – Limp Bizkit  
11. (9) Magnetic – Flyleaf
12. (10) Shut Up And Swallow – Combichrist
13. (11) All the Right Things – Son Lux
14. (12) Mr. MTV – Nothing More
15. (13) Set Me On Fire – Flyleaf





No comments:

Post a Comment