Saturday 25 October 2014

Happy Birthday Mr. Talon

That's right, Maybe, Misery is three months old today and boy its gone... slow! Slow as hell, especially when you consider in that time, I have released a second edition, co-written and released Happy Halloween, writing a sizeable portion of Beating Hearts and finished the first draft of The Talon Strand. It seems like a lot bloody longer I can tell you that.

Today, to celebrate I spent the day reading most of The Talon Strand and to say the least; it is a very different story. Where as Maybe, Misery was a loud, brash tale of one man's sex drive and constant dodging of sexual harassment lawsuits, The Talon Strand is extremely different. Each of its five characters are completely different and there stories deal with the aftermath of Talon's selfish decisions.

Reading it today made me realise that I do like it, just not as much as the first. The first was naughtier, where this is more heart felt - more of a drama.

Clicking the back button, I came across all the folders of stories that I started and there's a fair few. There's Nova, Indigo Watch, my collection of drabbles/short stories/poems and a host of others that may never see the light of day. I may never get to finish them. Still to this day, I have never taken the title of Writer. I simply wrote a book and showed it to the world. What has come since then, has just be a fun flow.

The realisation is, is that I wanted to write a screen play and make a film after I had finished my book. I've finished my book now and more so.

So once Beating Hearts is finished and The Talon Strand is released, that may be the end of my time writing.

To be fair, I have been encouraged to keep writing and I do love it, but it takes up so much time, so much effort that if I was to keep doing it; it would have to be because I wanted to be a writer. Maybe when I retire, it would be a more suitable choice.

I'm not saying I'll never write another bloody word, but perhaps it wont be my priority as it has been for a while.

Anyway on a brighter note... lets celebrate, mainly because my teas here.


No comments:

Post a Comment