Friday 27 June 2014

Killing time.

Well, happy Friday everyone! Or as I call it, Monday, because it's the start of my working week. Regardless, I hope you all have awesome plans for the weekend. Things are going well at the moment, my editor is hard at work and I'm just sort of relaxing. I say that, but I'm utterly confused as to what I should be writing. I've written a worthy chunk of the book that follows on from Maybe, misery but I feel I should wait until the first one is actually out before I commit any more time to it.

Anyway, I have recently missed out on a sort of competition on KUF, which consisted of writing 100 words stories (or drabbles as their called). So I decided regardless of missing out, I want to write one. So I did, in less than ten minutes (Chris doesn't faff around). So I'll share it with you below (feel free to send me any of your own in!). Also my favourite song I've heard this week is Sex and Lies by Nothing More. You should check them out. And I finally got round to watching the Wolf of Wall Street, which was truly awesome! Purely because it's just crazy and I like to see films that aren't filtered to achieve a lower age rating, to get the teenagers in.

I've also been reading Duellists by David Wailing which has been a great read so far, and is a grim look at the future. Plus it's free for kindle so get that downloaded. What else... I've noticed a few people from Russia read my blog and if any of you are poets, send it in and I'll put it up for everyone to see! (MrTalon87@aol.co.uk) Have you ever heard poetry in Russian? It sounds fucking awesome! :D But that invitation obviously stands to everyone else as well :) Anyway have an awesome weekend from me, much love.

Killing Time

As I look down at the indigo face of my watch,
The time is 21:37.
I frantically rub my eyes as the heat from the fire singes away with reckless abandon.
The ash floats up into the nights sky and I sense a feeling I have long since felt; serenity.
As the smell of burning flesh begins to dissipate, my work here is done.
You made my life hell, a misery causing me to drown in my own despair.
Now, as I stand above your burning lifeless corpse, I smile completely for the first time.

It’s 21:37, it’s killing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment