Sunday 29 June 2014

Double Penetration.

Yes, I thought that may catch your attention :p

Rather than any small updates, I'll just let you know that everything is running smoothly regarding Maybe, misery and all things related. I'm still waiting on two sets of answers for the 20/20 quiz so it shouldn't be much longer... surely.

I have two stories to share with you today. Another 100 word drabble and a 500 word short story I wrote this morning for a competition, though I'd been up for 24 hours and was extremely fucking sleepy. So I hope you enjoy them regardless.

Much love

C.S

Ignorance isn't bliss

Why on earth are you ignoring me!
What have I done to make you so angry? To have you treat me like this!
You stand by my side drowning in tears, yet you say nothing at all.
I didn’t mean to do it, whatever it is I’m supposed to have done!
I’ve always loved you and you’ve loved me back yet you treat me to the painful gift of silence.
I’m begging you now, begging for your forgiveness; I’d do anything to hear your voice.

And then it dawns on me, I left you

It dawns on me, I died.

Just another day

He mumbles relentlessly, about the past as though nostalgia is his best friend. The words leave his aging, chapped lips and I pretend to listen. 
I look upon him with great pity as he brushes his shoulder length grey hair from out of his eyes and I can only hope this is not what the future holds for me.
“Back in the good old days, America stood tall until the war was won” he rambles as if we lost this non-existent war. 

The world as we knew it will forever be a figment of the past. There was no great war, no nuclear fallout… Our enemy was simply time itself. 
10 billion people populated the Earth and we consumed everything our planet had to offer, just to suit our own selfish needs. And rather predictably, the Earth had less and less to give until we were left with nothing but our greed. 

However, that didn’t stop us. We just became more aggressive with our resources. Bombarding other countries with our vast military to steal from them what we had already depleted. 
Eventually there was nothing left to steal. Our fuel ran out first, and without fuel, we were lambs to the slaughter. 

Countries fell fast with all inhabitants becoming a one man army of self-preservation. The riots in my home town were of an epic scare and as each day past, I grew ever more fearful for my life.
I cowered inside my one bedroomed apartment, clenching my gun for 18 hours a day, and waiting anxiously for someone to break in and attempt to steal my supplies. I’d say luckily that day never came, except for the fact that after two or three months, it was irrelevant; I’d run dry.  

As I plucked up my courage and ventured out into the broken world, my so called courage soon dissipated. Since I’d been in hiding, I’d missed most of the riots. The streets were littered, shops broken in; bodies lie scattered on the un-swept ground and as the darkness fell… well let me just say; it was scary as hell. 
It’s been around a year now, surviving day by day. I spend most of my time searching for bottled water and the rest, hoping to find a group of survivors who have chosen to stick together.

I almost feel bad for what I’m about to do.

I sit down besides the old man, faking friendship and just as he’s rambling on consistently, I bring the blade in my left hand around and jam it in his throat. As his blood spills on to my hands, he looks into my eyes and I try my best to look away as his life drains away.
Once his suffering has ended, I wipe the blood that covers my hands on to his rugged beige jacket and grab his half empty bottle of water. It may seem slightly severe to anyone reading this, but for me; it was just another day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment