Wednesday 11 June 2014

Attempt at Poetry Wednesdays! (No.2)

I'm going to be honest, I can't write poetry to save my life! Everything sounds so bloody cheesy so I don't know how long this will last. Anyway, I hope you all have a lovely day and be sure to check back tomorrow for Three's a crowd with a very special guest.

Ode to the Earth

The ocean rocks from side to side.
It's elegant blue waves failing to hide.

The green grass sways as the cold wind blows.
Curling between my open toes.

The mountains stand tall as humanity appears small.
Setting us up for an almighty fall.

The sun shines bright upon the vast sky.
Until the very end, the day we die.

This poem isn't for me, nor is it for you.
This ode to the earth maybe sad, but at the very it's least true.

No comments:

Post a Comment