Friday 30 January 2015

The Weekly Round-Down! (No.22)

Happy Friday everybody! I have a special treat for you this week, but we'll get to that shortly. It has been a quiet week for me to be fair, I seem to be lacking any kind of productive attitude. Up until tonight (Thursday), I had only written half a poem in at least three weeks. Luckily, I re-read the poem and it suddenly read like a full one.

Life inside a Psychopathic Balloon has been ready for release for about a week now. Silly me, created a teaser stating it would be released in February, only to be informed by the publisher that it was ready the day after I released the teaser. So, no doubt I will be choosing an official release date today.

I think I have decided, to combat the 20% VAT rise on kindle books, that I am going to make Maybe, Misery free again. I don't like the idea of charging more for my book because of greedy bastards.

This week I managed to watch the first twelve episodes of Gotham, it's really good once you get used to not seeing Batman. And I love the fact that the Riddler is right there before their eyes. I also watched Interstellar. Has everybody scene it? Never have I been so uncertain about my opinion on a film, and I'm an extremely opinionated guy as you all know. On one hand, I want to say it is a brilliant look at man's place on this earth. One the other, I want to say it is long winded and not very entertaining. I have been a fan of Nolan for a long time, long before his over-rated Batman trilogy. You should watch it and form your own opinion, if you have a spare two and a half hours.

Anyway, yes the treat... Nicky White suggested we write companion poems. It's a great collaborative exercise and should be done more often. She started it off fantastically and I followed. So here it is, I hope you enjoy it. Don't forget to check out her site for more.

Uncertain Fate ~

Standing on the edge of the sandy reef
The wind tangles her raven black hair
She stares across the vast sea
The moonlight glistening
Salty drops of sea mist dance across her skin
She shivers and inhales deeply
Pulling her red cloak tighter
Protecting her ivory canvas
She smiles as a single tear escapes
Staining her cheek before it falls to the salty ocean below
Her heart aches for him
Her lips desire to kiss him
Her body burns to feel his protecting touch
She closes her eyes
Her breath catches
Her body relaxes as her delicate arms rise
Taking a chance on an uncertain fate
Her knees weaken
She plunges herself into the turbulent sea
Hoping it carries her across the waters
Washing her ashore
Where he will rescue her
And breathe life into her, once again.

Copyright ©2015 –ND White

Certain Sadness by C.S. Bailey

The cliff edge is windy and cold.
Italicizing his life with suicide, an act he considers bold.
His existence has been full of tribulations,
Full of circumstantial indignations!
Yet here is, standing tall.
Braver than most before his final fall!
Squinting eyes cast out upon the vast seas as he takes his final breaths.
Taking in the beauty, before his timely death!
Yet through the wind, another soul he sees.
A red cloak blowing in the wind, raven black hair and ivory skin.
Is it an illusion?
A dream!
Perhaps a torment for his sin!
Then she jumps!
Straight in to the abyss!
Should he leave her?
Should he save her?
He knows not what to do.
Surely it’s madness?
His heart pounds as he takes the plunge.
Saving them both from an uncertain sadness?

Anyway, I'll leave you with the top 15 for the week. Have a good one everybody.

(Lwp)
1. (4) Anesthetist – Enter Shikari
2. (2) Elastic Heart – Sia
3. (1) Telescope – Star Set
4. (13) The Last Garrison – Enter Shikari
5. (4) Halo – Star Set
6. (5) Drown – Bring me the Horizon
7. (6) It has Begun – Star Set
8. (n/a) Sssnakepit – Enter Shikari
9. (7) Friendly Fire – Nothing More
10. (8) Carnivore – Star Set
11. (15) One Month Off – Bloc Party
12. (9) Down to Earth – Celldweller
13. (10) Sex Metal Barbie – In This Moment
14. (11) Crystalize – Lindsey Stirling
15. (12) I want you back – The Jackson 5

No comments:

Post a Comment