Wednesday 28 January 2015

Attempt At Poetry Wednesdays! (No.19)


Happy Wednesday everybody. I hope you are all having a wonderful day. I'm going to be busy preparing for the release of Life inside a Psychopathic Balloon. Stay safe out there in the wicked world. Enjoy.

Life’s Great Game

As a boy, my life was unassuming.
Living within a gleeful notion,
Until eventually it became all-consuming;
Filled with empty commotion!

I would spend my nights, cuddled with my mother.
Perpetual happiness without a worry,
A love complete and unlike any other;
Straying away from life’s great scurry!

As I grew into a young man,
Mother still played a prominent part.
Desperately trying to avoid the master plan,
Its deviant events organized from the start.

I got married, had kids and always made an effort.
The aptly titled Grandmother remained wonderful.
Playing its game, I became its convert.
And my time on earth had become bountiful.

But just like the big bang,
It all changed in an instant.
My ode to this woman, all but sang;
Sadness confined within loss, she became distant.

Though not by choice, my mother the chancer,
Struck ill by this killer in the winds of time;
Brought down by the vicious cancer,
No longer singing her sweet chime!

And just like that, she was gone forever.
Such strength broken down and tame,
My mother, completing her endeavour;
A participant in life’s great game!

No comments:

Post a Comment