Saturday 3 January 2015

Back to the Future.

Well hello all. Welcome to my first blog post of 2015. I really hope that you all enjoyed the festive period and that you spent it doing what you love, or at least with the ones you love. I went to my Nan's for Christmas dinner this year and it was quite nice especially compared to writing the Talon Strand with a bowl of cereal, (that's what I did the year before). I opted to stay in this new years eve. Though I enjoyed going out the previous eve, I just wasn't in the mood. I guess it's because I didn't really want to say good by to 2014. It was a good year for me.

But we mustn't dwell so onwards and upwards. Though I took a step back from my blog and writing in general, I was still quite the busy little bee. Mostly, I was working on Life inside a psychopathic Balloon and I'm delighted to share the cover with you guys...


I hope you like it. I like it a lot and I'm excited for this book to come out. I think, because it's an unexpected and unplanned gift. My good friend Nav Logan beta read it for me and though I had a list of twenty pieces of work to remove, Nav suggested I remove only seven. Six of those were the Painful Parody posts and a poem titled 'Plain Sailing.' I'm currently waiting on the proof copy to arrive so I can check it one last time.

I've also been working on the Talon Strand, with the first beta copy already sent out. To be honest though, I am taking my time with it, it still needs an awful lot of work.

I have indeed written a few poems and drabbles, but not as many as I thought I would. I guess I'm still unclear as to what's going to happen. I do know that if I decide to release another book after the Talon Strand, it will be Between Dimensions. That's all I know and I'm tired of rattling my brain about it. This year has a whiff of uncertainty about it; I am not sure that like it.

Anyway, this is really just an overly long re-acquaintance. I am back and will attempt to entertain once more. I'll be back on Tuesday with Story-time, so I'll see you guys then. For now, here is my list of things we should leave in 2014. Take care all.

-Game requests
-The new era of abbreviations
-Twerking
-Selfies
-Skinny jeans
-Fragile males
-The 100
-People lacking basic etiquette
-Updating Facebook every five minutes
-Saying you need to get in shape and then uploading pictures of your Mc Donald's
-Erotica books
-Ignorance
-Idolising entertainers
-Religion
-Minions (or as I like to call them, suppositories)
-Acting like perceptual teenagers
-Kim Kardashian and numerous other human beings
-Releasing documents claiming that America's stockpile of nuclear weapons has been shoddily maintained and then letting them piss of North Korea
-Spamming




No comments:

Post a Comment