Friday 23 January 2015

The Weekly Round-Down! (No.21) Extended, super-apologetic edition!

Well I'm back! *Insert masses cheering.* My apologies for my trek into AWOL territory. My internet unexpectedly went down and I was left high and dry. Stupid me thought it was my phone playing up again, so I deleted all my apps as well. To be honest, it was kind of nice. All I literally had on my phone was the ability to text and phone people. Oh, and a dodgy version of my author Facebook profile thanks to internet explorer. Anyway, welcome to this extended edition of the weekly round-up. Amidst the events of recent weeks, I will be including a poem from myself and a poem from Nicky D White.

Regarding Life inside a Psychopathic Balloon. Without the internet, I have been unable to release it. It has been proof read by myself though and I will soon be getting it ready for release.

So on the note of poetry, here is one from me...

Death Blow

The wind blows cool to the touch,
Stinging my face; like jabs with a needle,
I stand up tall and realize I can’t do much.
Unable to anything but feel completely feeble

I try my hardest and approach with caution,
The fire burns my eyes; a beautiful disaster.
My thoughts flash by of how this set in motion,
Deep wounds will remain, not covered by plasters.

Flashing blue lights, blind my view.
Sirens echo, ringing in my ears;
The lives of many altered by a few.
Their actions haunting us for years

The paramedics blind me with torches,
Dilated pupils, hands shaking and pulse quickens.
Behind me, the fire still scorches,
As the smoke only thickens

They sit me down, the crash still near.
My heart overwhelmed by momentous dread;
I see them carrying her body, filling me with fear,
My gorgeous wife now lies dead.

The cold wind still whistles as it starts to snow,
A Christmas catastrophe, wrapped up tight.
My hollow gift, a death blow;
I kiss my wife one last time and wish her goodnight.

Before my internet went down - Maybe, Misery was featured on Michael Brookes' blog yesterday. So be sure to check it out here: http://thecultofme.blogspot.co.uk/2015/01/tuesday-tease-maybe-misery-by-c-s-bailey.html
Be sure to snoop around as his blog is on my reading list, as it is always entertaining.

Big news! The lovely Wendy has finished reading the Talon Strand. I was glad to hear that she found it better than the first - especially as it is only the first draft. One of her notes was that at the end, she felt a bit 'flat.' I guess it's understandable. I mean, the Talon Strand was never planned. As you all know Maybe, Misery was supposed to be a one off. Somehow I managed to write a second book which still bewilders me. I started writing it before Maybe, Misery was even released. Back to the point, I'm not sure what to do now. The one thing I knew about the Talon Strand was how it would end - open. I didn't do it intentionally, it's just how I wanted the story to end, a sort of uncertain closure. Now rather than go back and forth for months on end, I have made a decision. I am going to buy a pad ... hold your excitement ... and on this pad, I will either write a new ending that closes everything up more thoroughly or somehow, drag a plan for the third book out of my imagination. If a third book is the case, it will not be for a long, long time. After the Talon Strand comes out, my focus on writing will be on the back burner as to increase my productivity of making a film.

Anyway... here is a poem from Nicky D.

Control ~

Always fighting for control
That need to be in charge
To be perfect
But who are you perfect for?
Yourself?
The judgemental stares of those around you?
Tiptoeing on shards of glass
Dancing around the edges
Hoping not to misstep
Cutting yourself
Bleeding while leaving a path behind you
Adding another scar to your tainted flesh
Whose reflection do you see when looking in the mirror?
Those hazel eyes staring back at you
Reflective pools of pain
Fooling you into seeing what isn’t there
You cover yourself, ashamed
Where is this beauty that others claim to see?
Why can’t you see it?
It’s there, looking back at you.
Deceiving you
Bending your will to break
Your strength is weakening
Hiding behind the hurt
You only want to be perfect
You only want to be you
But you’re not really in control
Not any more
The painful truth is consuming you
Your secret is killing you
As you purge…
Your body quakes as your soul screams
Chasing that high
To deal with the pain
Because in reality,
It. Controls. You…

Copyright ©2015 –ND White

Well, we're nearly done now. My apologies for not being around. It's safe to say I have downloaded the blogger app in case this happens again, so I can at least let you guys know. Oh, while I was gone, we hit 6k views so thank you everyone for that! 

I also saw John Wick this week, it was fucking awesome. If you haven't seen it, check it out right away. 

Here's your top 15. I'll see you guys on Tuesday. Much love,

C.S

  (Lwp)
1. (n/a) Telescope – Star Set
2. (n/a) Elastic Heart – Sia
3. (1) Halo – Star Set
4. (n/a) Anaesthetist – Enter Shikari
5. (4) Drown – Bring me the Horizon
6. (10) It has Begun – Star Set
7. (6) Friendly Fire – Nothing More
8. (3) Carnivore – Star Set
9. (5) Down to Earth – Celldweller
10. (7) Sex Metal Barbie – In This Moment
11. (13) Crystalize – Lindsey Stirling
12. (8) I want you back – The Jackson 5
13. (n/a) The Last Garrison – Enter Shikari
14. (9) Dirty Pretty – In This Moment
15. (11) One Month Off – Bloc Party

No comments:

Post a Comment