Friday 9 January 2015

The Weekly Round-Down. (No.20)

Happy Friday all... well for you rather than me. I've had a week off from work this week and its been fantastic. Unfortunately, I'm back on Sunday. I've spent most of my time being lazy and beta-reading Nav's newest work. It's safe to say that it is quite good. Though I am slightly annoyed. I had planned to be proof reading Life inside a Psychopathic Balloon but those bastards haven't delivered my proof copy yet, despite paying delivery charges to ensure it had arrived by the fifth. 

It will only be a short one this week as I have a takeover to do soon so I'll be attempting to entertain people for a whole hour. 

The lovely woman who is beta reading the Talon Strand, told me yesterday that a part of it was making her feel emotional, so that's good. She also said that up to now, it's better than the first. I think that deep down, it is very much a drama. Where the first one was loud and brash, the second one is more grounded, well at least I hope. I think my main concern is that I don't want it to be like anything else. 

So it finally happened this week... I watched the fourth Transformers movie. I really fucking hate Michael Bay. I only watched it for Kelsey Grammer (Frasier) and at first, it didn't seem that bad. Plus anything NOT starring Shite Lebouf, can only be seen as a blessing. Surely enough though, Michael soon returned to his staple of shitting on my childhood. So avoid it like the plague if your eyes haven't witnessed the travesty already.

I also watched the Maze Runner. It could have been a lot better, but it had a whiff of teen-twilight-nonsense about it. If it's ever on the television for free, give it a watch. Otherwise, avoid it like I avoid the hunger games or as I call it, the poor man's Battle Royale. 

Anyway, I'll leave you all to enjoy your weekend. Have a good one, here's the top 15:

(Lwp)
1. (n/a) Halo – Star Set
2. (n/a) Death before Dishonour – Five Finger Death Punch
3. (n/a) Carnivore – Star Set
4. (n/a) Drown – Bring me the Horizon
5. (n/a) Down to Earth – Celldweller  
6. (n/a) Friendly Fire – Nothing More
7. (n/a) Sex Metal Barbie – In This Moment 
8. (n/a) I want you back – The Jackson 5
9. (n/a) Dirty Pretty – In This Moment
10. (n/a) It has Begun – Star Set 
11. (1) One Month Off – Bloc Party
12. (n/a) Big Bad Wolf – In This Moment
13. (n/a) Crystalize – Lindsey Stirling 
14. (13) End of an Empire – Celldweller
15. (n/a) Survival – Eminem

  

No comments:

Post a Comment