Friday 21 November 2014

The Weekly Round-Down. (No.16)

Happy Friday people! This week I grew antlers, got beat at pool and travelled back in time. And this was all before Monday.

It's true, during a lovely trip to Kirkham for a hot beverage with Eilis, she gleefully captured a picture of me, which appeared to show antlers popping out of my luscious hair. I soon began to fidget and yes I checked ... these were NOT devil horns. Speaking of that day, I discovered a new fruit juice. Now try to contain your excitement, this wasn't any ordinary fruit juice. This was the best fruit juice ever! And it has the best name ... It's called Naked juice. 

On my way to Nan's after work on Sunday, I saw the little devil, walking up the street looking for trouble. We ended up going to the pub for a quick half before tea. Inside this grim looking establishment was a pool table. Now as you're all aware, much to Nan's chagrin, I dominate her at cards constantly. So she's been telling me that she'll beat me at pool for ages. So we had three games in total. The first game, I was a little rusty and potted four of Nan's balls for her, causing her to win. The second game I dominated once more, six-balling her. The third and final game ... I couldn't have won if I had all day. The woman literally just hit the balls as hard as she could, without aim! And yet, they all seemed to spiral in. Fluke doesn't begin to describe it. It isn't over. And I later dominated at cards.

In between all these events, I somehow found the time to establish a worm hole with enough stability, that it could transfer matter successfully. So I travelled back to the 70's. It was great fun, yet I behaved myself and the only thing I 'tripped' over was gravity. I also managed to release my books to huge success. Here's a picture of The Talon Strands cover ...


Speaking of the Talon Strand, I'd like to talk about it a little bit. First off, it follows five characters - Sam Shaw, Sarah Darlington, Jane Nixon, Mason Butler and Jacob Talon. The first four made appearances in the first book. Now, I'm still sticking with my word, that it is NOT a sequel. It is merely set in the same universe and is a story about those whose lives were affected by the events of the first book. I feel that it is more grounded and more of a story than Maybe, Misery. Whereas Maybe, Misery was a rampage of sex and violence, The Talon Strand is more of an adventure.
Also a few points keep cropping up in my reviews. 1. Too much sex and 2. The fact that it isn't in chronological order. Now, I'd like to address these points. Talon was a man very much in his prime and as far as I'm concerned the amount of sex didn't take away from the story. However there is only one sex scene in the entire second book. This was NOT intentional. I cannot stress that enough. I had no intentions of dialling it down, it is just a different story and it isn't needed. Secondly, a few people have shown issues with the order. The thing is, it was written in that order. If I'd have published it in chronological order, it would have been worse. If you consider that Talon is writing this book and looking back on his life, I liked the fact that in the midst of disaster, he looked back at a happier time ... for example, the happy chapter Serenity being placed right before the end. Despite that though, I guess I can see how some people got confused and this has lead me to shuffle the Talon Strand into chronological order. Purely because, if people were getting confused at one character jumping back and forth through time, imagine five characters. 

Anyway ... good news! As of today (Tuesday). I have received the last drabble for the 20th edition of story time! *Everyone claps* I told you I was determined. There are some great stories in there for you all too enjoy from some great writers. 

I've started watching True Detectives ... I know, I'm late to the party. It took me like two episodes to get in to it, but it's really quite good. You should check it out. Also this week saw the release of Guardians of the Galaxy! I've already watched it two more times. If you haven't seen it, finish reading this post and then go and watch it straight away! You can thank me later. 

I haven't done any writing at all this week, which is concerning ... I have written a few drabbles and poems so I guess that counts. I never seem to have the time to just sit and write, well this past week at least. (Thursday) ... That was a unintentional lie, I wrote some of Beating Hearts as well.

I have also decided that after Saturday Maybe, Misery will no longer be free. Now, this is purely because I have nothing to give away at takeovers and events. I have been giving away signed paperbacks ... and I don't mind this, though it's still weird signing books. But it's an expensive business doing that all the time. In my defence, it has been free for a long time and at least now, I have something (else) to give away.

As of today, I earned one of my most recent nicknames, The Flash. I awoke late for work, which hasn't happened in ages. The time was 05:33 and the bus to my work arrived at 05:49 and that's with a 9 minute walk to the bus stop. After a sprint to get ready and a short fast paced run, I just made it.

Anyway, it should be a good but busy week ahead. I hope you all have a lovely weekend, here is the top 15...

(Lwp)
1. (1) Shadows – Lindsey Stirling
2. (2) Rebuild – Son Lux
3. (3) Stars Align – Lindsey Stirling
4. (5) One Month Off – Bloc Party
5. (n/a) Maybe, Misery – Quiet Drive
6. (4) Red – CombiChrist
7. (n/a) Ex-Creations – Fall Of Troy
8. (6) Metric – Black Sheep
9. (n/a) Crystalline – Bjork
10. (7) Machination – Nothing Face  
11. (n/a) Machine – Regina Spektor
12. (8) Comanche – In This Moment
13. (9) End of an Empire – Celldweller
14. (10) For You – Endo
15. (14) Haze – KoRn  





    

No comments:

Post a Comment