Tuesday 11 November 2014

Story-time with the Four Bananas + Guests (No.18)

Yes we are just two weeks away from the 20th edition, with all the drabbles flowing in nicely. I recently received one from author Nicky White, who is a first time drabblist, but you wouldn't know it from the quality of her drabble. Also, we are once again joined by D.S. Scot, so my thanks go to him and my ever loveable bananas.

Anyway, grab that beverage and enjoy these fine stories...

Miss December by Chris 'The Flash' Bailey

I hate Christmas, reminds me of my childhood. Waiting anxiously for Santa to arrive, only to receive a beating instead. Of all the occasions, this is the one I most struggle with.
Works party is a repulsive affair, we all drink and we all laugh. I find my pretty little victim, slouched by the tree, almost passed out from the alcohol.
I offer to walk her home; I’m sure she would have agreed if she could string a sentence together.
Grabbing my sharpest blade, I peel off her skin gently… It’s about time I had a real present to unwrap.

Roisin and the Big Naughty Wolf-man by Nav 'Father' Logan

Roisín has always been a strong-willed lass. Her tongue was as fiery as her hair and she knew no fear. So when her mother asked her to take a package to their sickly grandmother, she readily agreed.

Her mother nagged about staying on the path ... again, but Roisín ignored her. Putting on her favourite red cape, she scampered off into the dark woods.

It didn’t take long for the wolf to catch her heady scent. Hungrily, he watched her as she skipped along. The werewolf only had one thing on his mind, and it didn’t involve eating any grannies.

Baby Blues by Bryan 'Briony' Thomas

"We are experiencing teething problems with our new scanner, Mrs Smith. You won't see baby on the screen but I will print an image for you instead."
"Okay."
"There's your printout."
"What's that blob?"
"That's baby's head."
"And that blob?"
"That's another head."
"And that blob?"
"That's baby's third head."
"MY BABY HAS THREE FREAKIN' HEADS!"
"Yes. That would come under the NHS umbrella of diversity."
"I'm carrying a freakin' three-headed alien and you're talking about umbrellas!"
"One second, our tech guy wants a word. Apparently the printer is 'ghosting' so baby only has one head."
"Only? Freakin' NHS numpties."

EVIL EVERYWHERE by Rick 'Pappy' Haynes
The doors of the church burst inwards allowing the cloaked figure to step over the threshold.
A priest hesitantly moved towards the demon as several novices prayed behind him.
He held aloft a wooden cross. ‘Be gone, Spawn of Satan. You cannot pass!’
‘Ha! Ha! Ha! Times have changed you old fool. We never attack clergymen these days.’
‘We prefer fairer game, like pussies.’ He waved in the direction of the novices.
The priest grabbed the nearest girl and pushed her forward.
‘Take her!’
‘You really are evil priest. It is not her that I want. It’s the black cat sitting behind her.’

Confession by D.S. Scot

“Forgive me, Father, for I have sinned,” I say.
“Tell me what plagues your heart, my child.”
Reflecting, I tell the priest of my sins and how I committed them. I speak of the lack of regret and the reasons why I did them. I always did it for the money but found it enjoyable too.
“I wonder about hell and I figured it couldn’t hurt to confess,” I say.
“Do you believe God will forgive you?” he asked, shaking.
“No,” I say.
“Then why are you here?”
“You’re on the list,” I say, attaching the suppressor to the pistol.



No comments:

Post a Comment