Tuesday 18 November 2014

Story-time with the Four Bananas! (No.19)

Happy Tuesday all, you indeed read that right. It's number nineteen! Meaning next Tuesday will be the 20th edition featuring twenty different writes with twenty different stories! It's going to be a good one. For now though, contain your excitement by preparing your beverage and enjoy these drabbles by myself, my bananas and the awesome D.S. Scot. Until next time ...

Blind Ambition by C.S. Bailey

That Dave! He does my tree in. We’re supposed to function as a team, work hard together and achieve our goals as a whole.

Every memo has countless typos; every meeting is set at the wrong time. I cannot cope with his ineptitude for the job any longer. I want him gone! He’s going to make us lose our bonus!

I write a petition, to get him fired and pass it around all the cubicles.

I get snide looks and I’m shunned by my colleagues; boy I was as red as an apple when Dave walked in with that cane.

Jack’s Revenge by Nav Logan

It was all her fault … Sister’s, what a pain! I can’t fetch some water without her getting underfoot, and I tell ya, it’s a hard climb up to that well.

That’s how I ended up with concussion.

I think she tripped me up. Good job I dragged her down after me.

Still, it was poor auld me that got the bust noggin.

They say that I ran home, but that’s a crock. I could hardly walk.

Ma was straight out with the vinegar and brown paper … As if that was going to help!

Still, Jill got her comeuppance.

One Hundred Years Young by Bryan Thomas

"Jeff Randall here, broadcasting live for Buttercup Radio and I'm with Ethel who is one hundred years young today. Is that your telegram from the Queen, Ethel?"
"Yes."
"You must be so proud."
"I am."
"I believe you worked at the American airbase for over thirty years, which must have been interesting."
"Yes, it was."
"Ethel seems to be a lady of few words. I think she is a little overwhelmed, so I'll ask her one final question. Ethel, 100 years, any regrets?"
"Plenty, those American pilots were randy buggers, I wish I'd screwed a few more of them."
"CUT!"

TAKE AND TAKE by Rick Haynes

Tears had flooded her face so many times that the well had truly dried up.
Justin had gone forever, his life taken by a drunk driver.
Driving a wreck of a car simply added insult to the pain constantly tearing her heart to shreds.
She believed in a punishment to fit the crime but the court had decided on clemency and he had served just two years in jail. She could never forget his smirking face as he taunted her in the shopping centre after his release.
But now, his face would perpetually stare at the bags of frozen meat.

Unforgiven by D.S. Scot

The two figures stared at each other.
“I will never forgive you!”
“Nor I, you.”
“I don’t want your forgiveness. But I will get back at you for this!”
“It’s not too late, you know. I still love you.”
“You’re so called love is suffocating. If you cared you wouldn’t be doing this.”
“You know that I care.”
“No, you don’t. I’m leaving now. Just remember what I said. You will regret this.”
“I won’t stop you.”
“You mean you can’t ...”
As the figure left he called over his shoulder.
“If you’re really God … you’d be able to stop me …”

No comments:

Post a Comment