Sunday 4 May 2014

Confronting fear above ground.

So it's 11 p.m on a Sunday evening. There looks to be no sign of sleeping, I have to be up in 5 hours for work anyway so there's hardly any point trying. I've not long arrived back from Nan's were we played cards, drank tea and I typed some of her book up.

Over this past weekend not much has happened book wise and I doubt it will until June now. Both the first acts are free next Saturday but I probably won't even bother promoting them... Not through laziness but because there's no point now I know what the future holds for Maybe, misery. I can't wait until it's finished, I'm actually excited to see what the finished product will look like. I'm also looking forward to being able to take a step back and see if any of the other writing I've done takes me anywhere.

Friday saw me hit the gym with my cousin. With three peaks less than two weeks away, I feel I'm ready to destroy them mountains and then were off to Amsterdam the week after. My first time out of this country in a decade! I may come back a new man :p

Saturday saw me confronting my fear of heights... sort of. I took part in a tree-top trek, which is an obstacle course about 20 feet in the air. Obviously I was harnessed up but I still feared for my life. It was bloody awful! I'm really not a fan of being up high and feeling insecure! But I managed to get through it thankfully. Probably good that I did considering I'll hopefully be doing a sky dive this year... it's on my list.

So I made my way to work Saturday night and a guy I speak to infrequently comes up to me and asks if I'm still interested in making a film. Too which I reply of course I am! Like I've previously stated it's the logical step after Maybe, misery. he told me that he's found a load of comedy scripts his deceased grandfather wrote and if I'd be interested in having a read. Of course I said yes!

I love film and to make one would be a dream, plus it may be the distraction I need to help with my writing. I feel I need to take a step back from my works in progress but I can't seem to and the result is just more mad-at-the-world characters talking like myself.

Good bye for now world and happy Star wars day!

No comments:

Post a Comment