Wednesday 28 May 2014

A day's daze.

I love Wednesdays! It's my Saturday. It was especially awesome because I only returned to work from my holiday on Tuesday. I awoke with expectations of hitting the gym, only to find my knee wasn't in any position to do so, let me tell you it's fucking annoying! I set off walking but when the pain became too much, I limped home weakened by my weakness.

So I decided, to have some breakfast and watch Wonders of the universe. Brian Cox is awesome, that is all. Afterwards I figured I should do some work on Maybe, misery and began fidgeting with the cover in between reading it for the 50th time. It's coming along nicely and is slowly transforming into the story I want to tell. I still can't believe it's taken three years! It's plain crazy. The ever delightful Eilis offered to come round and make up for my indecisiveness by helping me pick a cover.

I'd previously shared a few choices on here, via KUF and on the ever UNsociable Facebook with every person liking a different design much to my chagrin. We worked on it for a while and she even helped write my blurb again. Every time I mention my book she comes around with a shiny object... I think it's a knife. Luckily she just about put up with me long enough to create a cover I actually liked, minus any tiny details... I felt like starting a conga, despite my tired facial expression.

Luckily today was a good day and quite a few people helped me out so thanks for that if it was you! So I've got my cover completely finished... and a special mention goes out to the KUF member who told me it was spot on... the guy made my day. All I have to do now is wait PATIENTLY until late June when it gets shipped off for a line edit. It's worth mentioning that writers don't get enough credit, especially self published ones. Though I don't consider myself one until the full book comes out, it's been a hell of a lot of work and I can't see it getting any less time consuming. So the next time you buy a book, remember some guy or woman probably broke their back getting it to you.

There's been a lot of talk about politics recently and it's all just made me roll my eyes. Oh, by the way Mr. Government man, if you think I'm going to vote, you may as well get down on your knee's now and I will not be paying a fine. Don't get me wrong, I'm not ignorant to a countries needs; especially one in such dire condition. I just want to see more logic, I mean if we executed every person that touched a child or committed murder, we'd save a lot of money on Xbox's and providing them with meals each day. It's a simple as this, if you touch a child, you don't deserve to eat. The problem is, is that this country has gone soft, led my our limp spineless Government officials. Already they're cutting the budget to law enforcement. Apparently if your car gets stolen where I live, the police aren't guaranteed to come to your aid! So basically crime will go up with our troglodyte chav infestation knowing they can get away with it. Do you know what the problem is with this scenario? BATMAN is a fictional character! There is no meaning to our lives, it's simply a gift of time and a gift some people don't deserve. So grow a spine, cut their gift short and you'll have my vote.

I'm sorry if people find my views extreme... there's too many people jumping on that train to devolution land.

I don't know where that came from :p It must be time for more Wonders of the universe. Have a nice evening everybody :) I almost forgot, my memory is shit. Check out this blog http://thecultofme.blogspot.co.uk/ The guys awesome and his page great for readers and writers alike :)

No comments:

Post a Comment