Saturday 16 July 2016

Pokemon, Go (AWAY)

Jesus fucking Christ, never in my short twenty nine years have I seen such a vast amount of full grown adults act like children. What exactly is happening to the Earth's population? Will I wake up one day and we'll be trading goats ... or maybe inventing the wheel? "It's harmless fun," you may argue, but unfortunately it's part of a much bigger problem. Humanity, for all its intents and purposes has reached its peak. Everything we see ... is just regurgitated from a time well passed.

Fashion - dressing like we are part of a forgotten decade.

Film - reboots, rehashes and crowd pleasing garbage. Film used to be seen as a form of art - Yes, that's a true story.

Music - mass produced for the ever gullible consumer, only meant to last until the next catchy rhythm is created on a computer and now this ...

I have rolled my eyes that much this week, that I'm actually surprised they haven't just popped out. Now I remember a CHRIStmas, a long time ago ... at least eighteen years? Possibly longer. My cousin and I eagerly awaiting CHRIStmas morning for our copies of Pokemon. One receiving the blue edition and the other, receiving the red edition. We were so unbelievably excited and I can still remember how much fun we had.

So what's the difference now you ask? Eighteen fucking years! That's the fucking difference. I am twenty nine, approaching thirty and everyone I know are of roughly the same age. Six months ago, If I'd have told some one, I was a thirty year old playing Pokemon, I would have been laughed at and rightly so.

It's alright claiming that it's fun or that it gets you out of the house but they are not worthy reasons nor excuses. There are plenty of fun things to do once you're approaching thirty. Also, if you need to be attached to your phone to get you out of the house, then my friend, you are in need of some serious help ... like fucking electro shock therapy.

I mean, I have have fond memories of being a child. Being held up in my room, creating my own little world with Lego, playing away until my hearts content. Sadly, that time as past.

Life forces us to grow, to adapt and to evolve ... ignoring that shows your unwillingness to progress. I rank twenty somethings playing Pokemon up there with people who believe the Earth is flat, God created the Universe and those people who believe that global warming isn't real.

Understandably, defensive people will defend themselves and come up with some preposterous reason for playing a game designed for children ... probably not the person who got run over trying to catch a Pokemon. But remember, it's not my fault there's no cure for collective idiocy.

So, when you're with your friends/ work colleagues and they ask you, "What did you do last night" And you reply, "I was playing Pokemon." Which is followed by them laughing uncontrollably because you're middle aged, you brought it on yourself.

Everyones entitled to their opinions and rightly so, but if you disagree with me - feel free to go and catch a Pikachu on the motor-way.






No comments:

Post a Comment