Friday 5 December 2014

The Weekly Round-Down. (No.18)

Back again already, Fridays come around too fast. This week has been a relatively good week to be fair. I started seeing a personal trainer, found some gems in a book shop and made my own book cover from scratch for the first time ever.

Well it's kind of true. A guy at work is a personal trainer, so we've been going the gym together. It's safe to say that I'm progressing nicely and for the most part, my diet has somewhat improved as well.

Though I am not the sort of person to be found in a charity shop, I found myself in one looking for jigsaws ... I found a 1000 piece Taj Mahal, (didn't even google that spelling). Across the road I stumbled across a quaint little book shop. It was lovely inside and full to the brim of books, a braver version of myself would have asked them to stock Maybe, Misery. I found some poetry books from Tennyson, Wordsworth and Browning. The Tennyson was even inscribed from the year 1903! How crazy is that? And all for the cheap price of 80 pence!

Which brings me to my cover. Soon, I will be releasing my collection of drabbles, poetry and short stories. A lot of which I have put on here, but there'll be some new ones too. So I'm brushing up on my poetry. I know what you're thinking. But after reading Nav's poems and the fact that I reckon I have written at least two good ones, it'll be worth the effort. Plus, I reckon my attempts have been along the right lines and just need a substantial polish. Any way, after a few people having a go at the cover, I had a go myself from scratch and came up with this. It'll pretty much look like this any way ...

My Nan spent £40 ($62.69) on Christmas cards! Think of the tree's Nan! Such a ridiculous amount of money to spend. After days of nagging at her, she's agreed not to do it next year. I mean, my Nan's retired and living off her pension. £40 could be a months shop and on cards that people chuck away the day after! Last year, I gave my mother a card and she didn't want it because it didn't say mother on the front! Does she need to be reminded? If it said mother on the front, would that mean I didn't have to write anything on the inside? Because I am her only child after all! Pure stupidity ... it's safe to say, she isn't getting one this year. Maybe she'll send me a game request from the latest Christmas game. 

The Daily Mail ... A UK newspaper, has published an article about a young lad committing suicide. The article was a complete shambles, almost implying it was due to his new found love for 'hardcore' music. It was completely biased and disgraceful. Even his parents noticed a change in his behaviour, yet failed to act. I originally went into more detail, but such a sad event does not need publicising. The fact that a paper would print such a shocking article, going as far as to blame a band, does. 

In other news - Beating Hearts has been scrapped. First of all, I was told I was going in the wrong direction. I was under the impression we were writing a tense thriller, well at least that's what I signed on for. But apparently it was suddenly supposed to be a fast and racy action flick - wait, wasn't that Maybe, Misery? Surely I wouldn't sign on to write the same thing twice? Then I was told by the co-author that THEY would have to decide what THEY wanted to do with the story. More than a week later, I am informed that they wanted to scrap it as they haven't the time ... this is of course after three months of writing with no pressure. Well thank you for wasting my time, which coincidently is up there with ignorance and a lack of etiquette on the list of things that annoy me. Though I'm hardly annoyed as I can concentrate on The Talon Strand, Life in a Psychopathic Balloon and Between Dimensions. Maybe even Nova and Indigo Watch. Saying this, I have learnt that outside of my bananas, I will be more cautious about working with other authors.   

Despite these few niggles, it really has been a good week. I again had KFC in bed and I've got to tell you that isn't getting old any time soon. I finished watching True Detectives and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I'd highly recommend giving it a watch. 

To top it all off, Nav Logan and a good woman I know have agreed to Beta read my compilation of drabbles and such which is great news. I have around 105, I'm planning to have 120 and eliminate the weakest 20. 

Also something strange, Happy Halloween has continued to sell on Amazon. Strange because Halloween has passed but equally delightful as it means its readability extends past its subject matter.   
Anyway here's your top 15 ... have a great week everybody.

(Lwp)
1. (3) One Month Off – Bloc Party
2. (2) Rebuild – Son Lux
3. (1) Shadows – Lindsey Stirling
4. (6) Inside the Fire - Disturbed
5. (n/a) Kill Everyone – Hollywood Undead 
6. (4) Maybe, Misery – Quiet Drive
7. (10) Ex-Creations – Fall Of Troy  
8. (n/a) Survival – Eminem 
9. (8) Blood – In This Moment
10. (n/a) Shiver – Coldplay 
11. (5) Hushabye - KoRn
12. (7) Stars Align – Lindsey Stirling
13. (12) End of an Empire – Celldweller
14. (n/a) Walking on the moon – Sting & The Police
15. (13) Beauty School – Deftones  


No comments:

Post a Comment