Tuesday 2 December 2014

Story-time with the Four Bananas + Guests. (No.21)

So, how awesome was last week? It was pretty damn good if you ask me :p Anyway, lets get back to normal with your weekly drabbles. I still have quite a few left over from other authors so there should be guests for the next few weeks. This weeks lovely guest is Kristina Canady, so make sure you show her some love. As always my thanks go to my bananas. Grab that hot beverage you've become used to and enjoy ...

Shopping Smarts by C.S.Bailey

“Excuse me. Can you tell me where the milk is please?”
“It’s in the fridge.”
“Where would the fridge be?”
“You’re stood next to it.”
“So I am. It’s been one of those days.”
“I can tell. You look like a wreck.”
“Do you enjoy pointing out the obvious?”
“Have a guess.”

I’ve never liked the customers at my local supermarket; they’re ignorant and brain dead. Walking home with my shopping I feel this force collide with my body. As I use all my strength to lift up my head, the woman from the store shouts. “You’ve been run over!”

The Diary of a Disgruntled Dwarf by Nav Logan

Me and the lads were doing all right for ourselves, making a tidy profit from our mining business until she came along and messed it all up.

Sure, it was nice to have a woman around, but honestly, we’d have been better off without the hassle.

One day, we arrived home and there she was, like an extra at a zombie convention.

Of course, we couldn’t call in the Blue Meanies. They’d soon cop on to our smuggling enterprise.

Then, this smarmy mammy’s boy waltzes along and wakes her up with a kiss. Prince Charming, my ass! What a chancer!

His Punishment by Bryan Thomas

Eight boys stood behind, and to both sides of Andrew. He knew that trying to run away would be futile.

Josh, the cock of the school, rolled his sleeves up and fixed Andrew with a menacing glare.
Andrew knew three things were certain: It would be quick. It would be harsh. The pain would be excruciating.

Behind Josh, around one hundred and fifty primary school pupils stood in silent anticipation.
Andrew was ten-years-old but he would have to take his punishment like a man, and anyway, as far as he was aware nobody had ever died from a Chinese burn.

THE VOTE by Rick Haynes

The termites made a great presentation.
The caterpillars produced a magnificent one. Capturing the moment from cocoon to butterfly was video magic.
The spider commercial had been greatly condemned, as one of their presenters had bitten a camera-cricket.
The Beetles, with backing vocals from the bees, provided the entertainment.
What a buzz!
All was now set. The committee were to announce the next hosts of the Insect Olympic Games.
‘The winner of the next games is, the Ants.’
They were ecstatic.
‘That’s four in a row. Why them?’
‘Simple survival.’ said the sun beetle.
‘If we win, they eat us.’

Portrait of a broken heart by Kristina Canady

Slinking past the foreboding door, I venture to the pool house to meet my secret lover.

Pain and longing surface once more for a distant husband's affections that care little for holding a wife's attention.
Slipping in, breath catching, eyes skip over the expectant length waiting in anticipation.
Palming up the familiar with urgent hands, I lustfully dip the tip, gliding it over the overworked surface, heat building within.
Time slips into the starless night sky.
A nameless force rides me hard as liquid drips from my mad fingertips.
Stepping back, the portrait of a crestfallen woman gazes back.

1 comment:

  1. another bunch of classics there, well done

    ReplyDelete