Saturday 19 April 2014

Sunny days and cider ways.

So it's 5.40 am and I'm stood at the freezing cold bus stop waiting for the bus only to realize that it's the bloody Easter weekend so the buses aren't running at their usual times. I rush back home, grab my bike and speed off to work already late. Luckily when I get there my boss see's the funny side of my ignorance for public holidays.

Work was hectic from start to finish causing me to finish two minutes late... Which never ever happens. It's my job, not my career, not my dream and I treat it as such. I don't ask for over-time, I won't come in on my days off and I do not enjoy talking about it. In fact whenever I go out to the smoking shelter for a few drags on my E-cig and the over colleagues are talking about work; I get up and leave. I mean, who talks about work, when they're on their break from work!

Anyway, I ride home and later go and see my ever loveable Nan who tells me she read the second part of my book last night. 1. I'm surprised she read it one night as she doesn't read much and its longer than the first part. And 2. Nan tells me that she thought it was really good. Now obviously the first thing that springs to mind is a biased opinion and it wouldn't be wrong, but considering she said the first part was "all right" this was a huge improvement. So I questioned her further and Nan said that she got in to the second part alot easier than the first which is obviously good but also crazy but I always thought the first part was the strongest.

Whilst I'm sat enjoying my brew, I'm texting my cousin about having a lads night and we arrange for him to pick me up in his fancy car and bless him he does, but not without innocent winging about "fuel not growing on trees." We quickly have a walk around the city centre so he can look at getting a new phone. Now I hate the city centre, it's always over-crowded and someone somewhere is always trying to sell you something or asking you for your spare change; like I assign a certain amount of money under the spare change category but going to town with my cousin; I actually don't mind. It's because he is the most entertaining person I know, I am forever laughing and smiling at the stupid, downright crazy and sometimes genius things he says. Also being an only child, he's the closest person I have to a brother.

We get to his house and crack open a couple of ciders whilst the chicken is cooking and we just sit in the sun talking, after chicken and vegetable wraps we have a few goes on fifa were I continuously beat him and then switch to COD where we both just die miserably and constantly much to our own amusement.

So today to say thank you I helped him tidy his garden a bit; not too much though otherwise he would of had me there all bloody day doing it. Luckily his girl friend had shown up to distract him. So he dropped me off at my Nan's where I had left my bike and proceeded to make my way home. Now I'm sat on my net book, half writing this blog, half staring continuously at the plan for my second book that may never see the light of day and I just wanted to say Happy Easter to all the people in our lives that make it worth while, or if your like myself and don't bother with Easter; Happy Weekend.

C.S.Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment