Thursday 17 April 2014

First straw.

Well hello everybody,

I'm extremely new to this blogging malarkey as of this morning. It's most probably because I'm usually the one with the least to say. However since releasing my book, I have had a bit more to talk about and the fact that I'll soon be climbing three mountains in 24 hours.

I'm 26, unfortunately soon to be 27, 90% cynical and extremely opinionated, which leads me to remaining quiet most of the time. However I am honest (some would say too honest), so there will be no lies here.

I woke up this morning to a facebook message off a friend telling me that my author website has nearly been built... which is crazy! 1. Because it's been done quite quickly and efficiently and 2. Because I'm the guy that visits websites. Not the guy that has one of his own. Now, in this day and age, most people have one but not me... I have my facebook and a twitter (which I still don't get), I just use it to follow people who's work I'm interested in. My facebook is there for having most of the people I know in one place, not to air my dirty laundry. If I post on there, it's either something I feel is entertaining or about my book. I don't tell people what I'm eating, how many times I've changed a babies bum or that I need sleep. There's sharing and then there's boring people with trivial nonsense.

So anyway, I mentioned linking a blog to the website and he said it was a good idea to keep people up to date, so here I am. Obviously I'm not using this blog to only promote my book. There's nothing worse than constantly shoving what your selling in someone's face. I even apologized on KUF (kindle users forum) because I joined and instead of getting to know readers and authors, I just used it as a PR tool; luckily I soon learnt the error of my ways.

I will use this blog to keep people that are interested in my book, in the loop but I'll always try to keep you all entertained as well but I promise... Not once will I tell you what I'm having for my dinner.

I hope you all enjoy your day.

C.S.Bailey

No comments:

Post a Comment